• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The More or Less Official Motorcycle Commuting Thread

I had sometimes doubted whether my evaporative vest was worth the trouble. Then I left it at home one day last week.

I won't make that mistake again! :doh:

Just picked one up the other day... hopefully will be able to test it soon enough.

Here's a question for the masses, how do you carry it out of work? I can't be dripping water all over the raised floor. Large ziplock?

Just picked one up the other day... hopefully will be able to test it soon enough.

Here's a question for the masses, how do you carry it out of work? I can't be dripping water all over the raised floor. Large ziplock?

That's what I did when I used an evaporative vest - a gallon size heavy duty zip-lock bag.

I soak mine for a few minutes and then per the instructions wring it out. It won't drip at that point because it wants a little more water (what you wrung out) but where you carry it, there'll appear beads of water from the pressure of your fingers. However, once it's wrung out mine won't drip at all.

Back