• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Emma Long City Park?

Reaction score
Is this place still open for dirtbike?

What's it like?

While in the area, I thought I would swing by there a give it a go. But I'm really not suppose to because of my sprained wrist. I'll be going slow. Slower than usual, which is super slow.

Honestly I've not been (although of course I want to - I want to ride everywhere), but I hear it is very technical with lots of rock steps, etc. Might not be a good idea if you've got a weak wrist.

Judge for yourself:

[ame="http://youtu.be/SXvOutED_n8"]Motorcycle Trail at Emma Long City Park in Austin, TX - YouTube[/ame]

OHV sticker required, in theory. Don't know of anybody that has ever been checked. Doesn't mean they don't checked, but that part of the park is not manned. I suspect they do run a ranger type through the parking lot occasionally though.

I used to live within a mile of the park and rode there quite often. The rangers do drive through but have never checked my ORV stickers, but I would suggest having them.. It is a small park with a lot of bends, the trails are NOT clearly marked and it is quite technical, my CRF450 was quite a handful, also a lot of the trails have low hanging branches so you need to watch out. There are a lot of cyclists (Mountain bikes) riding the trails, so watch out for them. If it's near by I would recommend going, but if you have more than a 30 minute drive to get there, I would suggest other parks that are bigger and better.

Gary

Then go for it, but you will find nicer riding in the marble falls area!! :clap: If you enter the park and get to the guard station where you have to pay to enter the water sports area, you have gone too far, the dirt bike trail is in the free area of the park.. just FYI.

Gary

Last edited:
Looks like a cool ride...im gonna check it out...and then bust north to Hidden falls....damm its good to be free...and own a Beastly dirt bike....

Tight, rocky, loose, crankcase banging, etc. I ride MTB there and would love to ride moto there - but I can see how it would be a tremendous challenge to ride that trail! Lets just say - the trials guys like it a lot more than anybody else!:giveup:

Back