• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Reflective (washable) spray

cdc

Registered Lurker
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Camilo
Last Name
Diaz
A quick search here did not pull a thread about this, so let me share what I found.

I read about a washable reflective spray and order a can. It cost about $16.00 with shipping from Walmart.
Not very happy with the result as I ended up with tiny spots, like dirt on the shoulder area, maybe as a result of spraying the jacket on a table. But since it says it is washable, I am not too concerned, besides the jacket does not look very clean after I washed it…

Anyway, here are pictures of the spray and jacket.

Ref%20-%20Spray_zpsmgfcrzzl.jpg

Masked jacket:

Ref%20-%20Masked_zpsbkvj4ztl.jpg

Ref%20-%20Reflecting_zpspia2xo53.jpg

It might not be pretty or immediately recognizable as a human form, but it should allow you to be seen! ;-)

Curious stuff. Wonder how they arrived at a need for a washable/temporary product.
Looks like it certainly delivers as advertised.

Curious stuff. Wonder how they arrived at a need for a washable/temporary product. ...

I was wondering the same thing. If I'm trying to make myself more visible I don't think I want to "disappear" if I run into a bit of rain.

It looks like a Michael Jackson stage jacket with the reflective crystals or better yet like a 1980s high school prom attire.

My intense yellow riding jacket is pretty light also. I don't know if it is "planned obsolescence" in the fabric or that bright colors have tendency to fade more than subdued ones.

You can always wear a mesh yellow vest over the jacket as an alternative.

RB

Here is a night view, the spray in the mesh area does not really reflect.

32738445-2C4C-40B2-80D4-978A7A5D0573_zpszierqguu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This might work. It has led lighting that strobes or stays steady. You could fold it up when not needed. Just get a large enough size to wear over your jacket.

Attachments

• IMG_3663.jpg
    IMG_3663.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_3664.jpg
    IMG_3664.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 250
Back