• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Crappy Ethanol Gas

Thanks Irish- I️ didn’t realize there were any close to cravens/ enduro trail

Last edited:
The ethanol in 87 or any grade for that matter carries some energy producing equivalent- possibly octane, if separated from 87, I️t will definitely no longer meet spec for 87 octane. At least that is how I️t has been explained to me- you can leave a container of ethanol gas in an open container around here and I️t will turn cloudy- that cloudiness is moisture absorption from the air.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The ethanol in 87 or any grade for that matter carries some energy producing equivalent- possibly octane, if separated from 87, I️t will definitely no longer meet spec for 87 octane. At least that is how I️t has been explained to me.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove the 10% max ethanol from gasoline will only lower the octane by about 2 points so 87 octane would become 85.

I travel from Frisco, Tx up to Arbuckle lake in Ok at least once a week. Once I get up near the border non-ethanol fuel is readily available. I have been trying to fill up with it in my pickup as often as possible as it just requires 87 octane. My problem is that both of my motorcycles require high test gas. I'm pretty sure that all of the non-ethanol is 87 octane. Anybody have better info on this?

I know in Bowie they have high test. I think in Gainesville they have high test, not positive.

Try this site https://www.pure-gas.org/
Don't know how accurate and up to date it is. We have lots of non-ethanol gas outlets in south Louisiana due to all of the outboard motor boats.

Back