• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

i had every intention...

Reaction score
of riding out of my local kawasaki dealer on a new zx6r(636)...but after talking with the sales staff about what kind of riding i do, some long trips, or, dont do ( track days mainly) decided on a "new" 05 zzr600(re-badged 02 zx6r) really happy with the results..

i must say that the bike is night and day compared to my 03 zzr(zx6e)..when you think of leaning, it turns lol...alot smoother ride than the 03, and plenty of adjustments on both ends...only thing is you can pick any color you want, as long as its blue.... ;-) looking forward to putting some miles on it this weekend.... :chug:

Great choice, Chuck! Props to the guys at the dealership for steering you towards a model that's much better for street riding. They could have made a little more money by giving you what you asked for, but instead they wanted to be sure you got a bike that you'd be happier with. Which dealer is it?

Congrats on the new bike Chuck! Look forward to seeing it on the next ride together. :chug:

Congrats on the new bike! Personally I'm a big fan of the do-it-all 600's like your ZZR and my F4i. I have passed many a litre bike riders at trackdays and can still ride 300+ miles quite comfortably.

thanks guys, i will try to get some pics this week...

scratch-it was pro powersports of conroe, sales assoc. was AL..he was really cool to, he said the same thing "we will make more if you get the 6r, but i'm not sure you will be happy with it"..really suprised me..never had a sales person not try to push me into buying the more expensive model..

looking forward to the next ride guys

If you don't mind what was the OTD price on your bike. I'm looking towards one as well...in the future but hopefully sooner than later.

Back