• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

All The Gear All The Time

Old story, but good reference for training.

Larry
VFRrider

And I won't even let a passenger ride in my car without a seatbelt.....

AGATT works!! In my accident two weeks ago , the only rash I received was a slight one inch square on my left knee. Road rash is horrible, but so easy to prevent against.

I love this. Every moment of it.

AGATT works!! In my accident two weeks ago , the only rash I received was a slight one inch square on my left knee. Road rash is horrible, but so easy to prevent against.

Glad to hear of your progress in the other thread and that the recovery is going well for you.

One question, that may be able to help some, what gear were you wearing? Mesh? Leather? Textile? Etc.?

Thanks.

An ATGATT thought, if you saw a tornado coming wouldn't it be a good idea to put your helmet and maybe the rest of your gear on?

An ATGATT thought, if you saw a tornado coming wouldn't it be a good idea to put your helmet and maybe the rest of your gear on?

For me all the time means all the time..I only take it off when I bathe..:rider:

Glad to hear of your progress in the other thread and that the recovery is going well for you.

One question, that may be able to help some, what gear were you wearing? Mesh? Leather? Textile? Etc.?

Thanks.

Yup, recovery is going very well, imho.

My gear was as follows:
Helmet, Nolan 102 modular, still in servicable condition, but will be retired.
Jacket, Joe Rocket mesh (textile) with long sleeve hoodie underneath.
Pants, Draggin Jeans without armor inserts. (Brand new, wearing them for the 2nd time. :argh:)
Gloves, Aerostich elkskin roper, no damage.
Boots, Cruiserworks 'Classics'.

I was able to recover all my gear, but I havent been able to see it yet to see how everything held up as far as the accident was concerned.
My jacket, pants and right boot were cut off at the accident scene and my wife tells me the left leg is missing outright from the pants, which Im disapointed about, as Im curious about how I got the small rash spot on my left knee. :ponder:

Yep, I've had several crashes. A few broken bones, but not a scratch on the epidermis. Yet, people think your a poser wearing full gear. I sent this video to several friends who are "non-believers". Just maybe it might help.

For me all the time means all the time..I only take it off when I bathe..

Bet wearing that stuff all the time makes for an interesting time in the bedroom ;)

I find it awesome that she was able to get herself up and on a bike again and after the accidnet she learned to ride her own bike :)

I remember seeing an article, several years ago, from a girl who fell off the back of a bike wearing no gear. She had posted her story along with a bunch of photos of the then fairly fresh injuries. I wonder if this is the same girl, now healed. I'll have to see if I can track down that other link. I may have it bookmarked at home.

I'm going to show this to my 19 year old, after he takes the MSF class later this week, and my 22 year old, who sometimes rides in jeans.

Edit: Well that was easy. Here's the back story:

http://www.rockthegear.org/index.php?/testimonials/view/brittany_morrow_the_roadrash_queen/

http://www.dealernews.com/dealernew...urvivor/ArticleStandard/Article/detail/432945

And some rather graphic photos, if you're in to that:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...brittany+morrow+motorcycle&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=

Yup, same girl. Brittney Morrow, the Road Rash queen. ICON safety spokesperson and tough darn chick. Good for her, making some lemonade out of lemons.

Yup, recovery is going very well, imho.

My gear was as follows:
Helmet, Nolan 102 modular, still in servicable condition, but will be retired.
Jacket, Joe Rocket mesh (textile) with long sleeve hoodie underneath.
Pants, Draggin Jeans without armor inserts. (Brand new, wearing them for the 2nd time. :argh:)
Gloves, Aerostich elkskin roper, no damage.
Boots, Cruiserworks 'Classics'.

I was able to recover all my gear, but I havent been able to see it yet to see how everything held up as far as the accident was concerned.
My jacket, pants and right boot were cut off at the accident scene and my wife tells me the left leg is missing outright from the pants, which Im disapointed about, as Im curious about how I got the small rash spot on my left knee. :ponder:

:tab The two times I had an ambulance ride, they were VERY reluctant to do anything that might damage my riding gear. I appreciated it, but told them that the gear was disposable and that if they needed it off me, cut it off. They didn't. When I hit the deer a while back, I was wearing my Cycleport Air Mesh II Kevlar outfit. The pants zip all the way from ankle to waste on the right leg and all the way to the crotch on the left leg, so they just pulled them off without any problem. I already had the helmet and jacket off when they arrived.

:tab As for the rash on your knee, I have experienced something similar. Basically, it is rash from the pants/armor sliding against your skin when it moves on impact or when the sliding first starts. It is really more like a bad carpet burn than a deep rash where lots of skin is removed.

:tab Don't fret the new pants thing. They paid for themselves many times over. My Dad had a bad accident and they cut off his brand new Aerostich jacket. It was only the second time he had worn it. It worked beautifully! They sliced it right up both sleeves to get it off him. But he was busted up pretty good. For about a week, he was stuck in a repeating loop of 10-12 questions that he asked over and over and over until the concussion wore off. One of the things he was REALLY worried about was his new jacket and whether or not it was okay :lol2: He made a full recovery, but to this day, almost 10 years later, it still bugs him that his new jacket was ruined.

New riding season..Let's be careful out there:thumb:

http://vimeo.com/22897515

:tab A good vid, but she needs better production quality so that the scars are easier to see and more vivid to get the best impact on the viewers.

:tab I wish I had been able to keep my helmet, pants, boots, and jacket from when I slid on a chip sealed road face down at 70mph and then started tumbling as I slowed. The gear did its job and I literally walked away with a small scrape on my thumb and a heat induced blister on the pinky toe side of my left foot (from the sliding friction). The insurance company demanded that I turn all the gear over to them though. I guess they were afraid I might try to use it again :brainsnap

Back