• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Austin Sports Cycles

Reaction score
The GF and I were out looking at bikes (she just passed the MSF course) and we were driving by and happened to stop in for a quick look. Prices weren't too out of line and the selection seemed decent.

Anyone have any experience good or bad with this place?

Austin Sport Cycles located on FM620 in Austin Texas. I have been buying my tires from these people now for a couple of years or more for my FJR. Let me recomend to any interested riders to take a close look at the Michlien Pilot Roads, great tires and I am getting over 10,000 miles a set. Last week I finally broke down and took the FJR in to have the valves run and the throttle bodies syncroed. They quouted me a price that was a good bit less than Woods Honda gave me. I questioned them on this and they said they can not demand the prices that Woods demands and stay in business. I agreed to have the work done and if they came up with anything that needed doing to call me first. I took the bike in on Tuesday and got a call late Thursday to let me know it was ready. Now running the valves and the throttle bodies on the FJR is a daunting task at best. Lots of R&R required. All I asked of the Tech who did the work was to do it right the first time. He promised to do so. Now, the door was open for them to get into my wallet pretty good. Instead they found that my valve clearances were with in the factory specs. This ment the cams were not taken out and or any shims replaced. It also ment that it cost me considerable less for the job to be done, a plus to my wallet. They also added make up coolant after draining the radiator in the process of the job. No charge for the coolant. I found the bike ran much chrisper for the throttle body syncro and am pleased it cost less to be done. These are great guys who really seem to be interested in making me happy. I recommend them as a good place to check out for your self. Chris Mitchell

I bought my Sprint there last year and had it inspected there this year. I would buy from them again and recommend them to anyone else. I haven't had service performed there, as I haven't had to do anything to my Sprint service wise other than the fuel fitting recall which Lonestar did.

I bought the DR there. They are willing to haggle, and overall I was pleased with the transaction. Verify their make ready though. The chain was WAY too tight.

Back