• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HF Today

Mr. PL

Reaction score
First Name
PL
Last Name
Laird
Snuck out to HF this afternoon for a couple of hours. Hadn't been on the bike for a few weeks...felt good to get some seat time.
Man, was it HOT! I think there were only 2 other bikes out there and that was it! I took it pretty easy, since I was riding by myself...I don't want to be ant food. :flip:

The trails are in good shape and clearly marked...at least the ones that I rode. :rider:

I tried to get another ride in this afternoon at HF. Loaded the bike and all the gear, gassed up, bought water, gatorade, ice. Got about 3 miles from HF and nothing but black clouds and lightening...so I chickened out. Turned around and headed back for Skeeder Park.
The good part is that I cleaned and lubed my chain (and did ride up and down the street a couple of times...that counts, right?)
Not complainin'. We need the rain.

A local mountain bike trail has some serious ants problem. It's like a horror movie. Acres and acres of land full of ants. Put your foot down on the ground for a few seconds, and ants would be all over your shoes.

I tried to get another ride in this afternoon at HF. Loaded the bike and all the gear, gassed up, bought water, gatorade, ice. Got about 3 miles from HF and nothing but black clouds and lightening...so I chickened out. Turned around and headed back for Skeeder Park.
The good part is that I cleaned and lubed my chain (and did ride up and down the street a couple of times...that counts, right?)
Not complainin'. We need the rain.
Sounds like an Austin TSBA chapter member.

Is everyone supposed to know these abbreviations automatically? Sure leads to needless confusion which is never a good thing when you are trying to convey something.

Guess it depends where you are in the state, besides I knew it was not Harbor Freight they don't have enough stuff in Chrome for PL to shop there:mrgreen:

Spell it out in the title and then abbreviate it in the thread. This way everyone knows and learns the abbrev if they want to. I rather see SHNF in a post than the spelled out long version.

BTW isn't HF the same place that some call Marble Falls?

_

Hidden Falls Adventure Park...
Offroad Trail Park
Shooting Club
RV & Primitive Camping
Paintball
What else could you want? Rocks, Mud, Dust, 4X4 trucks, ATV's, Dirt Bikes, .22 to
50 cal's, Stars at night, S'moores and paint ball battles in 100 deg. heat.

Sam

Oops, sorry guys...
HF = Hidden Falls (but you know that now)
'Skeeder Park' = Cedar Park (formerly 'Cedar Park(ing Lot).

@Leeroy and Buddy...you should thank me for trying to keep my words down to one syllable. :-P

Back