• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

My wife and I test ride retirement

Sounds like quite an adventure (the Colo Trail). I also have to say that it sounded a lot more enticing when I was 51 than it does now that I'm 61. The ground is getting harder or something. Thanks for the info on that adventure.

Final race of the season coming up this next weekend and my team is in the lead for the overall championship. If it happens, it will be the first time an F7 bike has won overall.

ahhh, Dennie... correction!! ur memory must have gotton clouded on that awesome vaction! Maybe it was all that beer! haha The over all championship was won on a F7 (XR100) bike piloted by Tuttle n Fisher way back when the first 65's started coming out. ?
PS... U are still my hero!!!

ahhh, Dennie... correction!! ur memory must have gotton clouded on that awesome vaction! Maybe it was all that beer! haha The over all championship was won on a F7 (XR100) bike piloted by Tuttle n Fisher way back when the first 65's started coming out. ��
PS... U are still my hero!!!

Ahhhh Mark. I beg to differ. I sleep with the woman that keeps the records. Do you think that record could escape the shredder?:lol2: I do have a faint memory of racers named Tuttle and Fisher.

Ahhhh Mark. I beg to differ. I sleep with the woman that keeps the records. Do you think that record could escape the shredder?:lol2: I do have a faint memory of racers named Tuttle and Fisher.

ahhh Dennie, after checking my sources, i stand corrected. the championship im thinking about was won on a stock XR100 ridden by a blazingly fast Tuttle n factory Fisher. unfortunately it was called superbike back then, not F7. congratulations if in fact you do win this weekend and become the first overall F7 champions!?
and who is this Mark guy u speak of? He must be fast!?

Denny, thanks for the pics and story. Amazing shots. I need to get out there.

Also, good luck in the race.

Retirement, just do it! Takes a while to deal with all the doubts and nagging worries till you can fully understand "freedom" but one day you will wake up and understand. And don't pay much attention to anything a financial planner tells you, he doesn't understand either or he would be retired also. You can always buy another bike, etc but you cannot buy more time. Use what you have left wisely.

Denny, thanks for the pics and story. Amazing shots. I need to get out there.

Also, good luck in the race.

You do need to get out there, Eric. Thanks for the compliments and the good wishes.

Back