• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

WTB: '15-'18 KTM 250XC, 250XC-W

Reaction score
First Name
Richard
I want to buy your late model ('15-'18), low hour KTM 250XC or 250XC-W two stroke.

300's need not apply.

Raced it? That's okay, you probably maintained it better than most.

Rekluse is a plus. Cash in hand.

I'm located in East Texas, so travel to DFW, Houston, or North Austin is my limit. I'm stalking a few on CL right now, but thought I'd see what the TWT group has to offer. C'mon you know you want that new fuel injected 2-stroke! Let me buy your "old" one. :eat:

Thanks for any looks and offers. Feel free to post here or PM. :rider:

Last edited:
Have a 2016 Husqvarna TC250 with about 25 hours. Moto model but I'm using as a woods bike my self.

Possibly not a fan of the 300s warp drive at the flick of the wrist at the wrong time

Woodsguy, thanks for suggesting your TC250, but I want something that has the magic button and a spark arrestor. I'll probably add a Rekluse (if it doesn't have one) and a Lectron carb and race either TORN or BJEC. I did a few TORCS events when I lived in Houston (gosh ten years ago) and really liked them. Plus, I'm in better shape now, so that'll help.

Jeepman, I can forsee a fair bit of trees riding and knarly single-track. I almost considered a 150, but don't really want to shift that much and I'm 220 lbs with gear. I want something that not only is light, but *feels* light. I've ridden a similar year 300 and 250 back to back and for me the 250 just feels lighter and has plenty of power. I had a KX500 with a fresh motor for a while from '14-'16 and it's a lot more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow. That said, roll on 4th gear wheelies at 60 mph are really fun. Suspension work influences this as well of course and that KX was probably 80's tech even though it was an '04. It could also be that my favorite bike to date was an '03 KTM plated 250 2stroke....so nostalgia may be playing a factor. I'm a scientist, but I do have emotions. :zen:

Keep the questions and bikes coming!

Last edited:
Im on a gasgas 250 now and funny thing is im about to change to a 300 since all I ride is tight rocky singletrack with lots of trees and dont need the rev out that the 250 has in exchange for the lower rpm power and to help me a little with stalling since i ride mostly on the bottom half. Just currious. Thanks.

Woodsguy, thanks for suggesting your TC250, but I want something that has the magic button and a spark arrestor. I'll probably add a Rekluse (if it doesn't have one) and a Lectron carb and race either TORN or BJEC. I did a few TORCS events when I lived in Houston (gosh ten years ago) and really liked them. Plus, I'm in better shape now, so that'll help.

Jeepman, I can forsee a fair bit of trees riding and knarly single-track. I almost considered a 150, but don't really want to shift that much and I'm 220 lbs with gear. I want something that not only is light, but *feels* light. I've ridden a similar year 300 and 250 back to back and for me the 250 just feels lighter and has plenty of power. I had a KX500 with a fresh motor for a while from '14-'16 and it's a lot more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow. That said, roll on 4th gear wheelies at 60 mph are really fun. Suspension work influences this as well of course and that KX was probably 80's tech even though it was an '04. It could also be that my favorite bike to date was an '03 KTM plated 250 2stroke....so nostalgia may be playing a factor. I'm a scientist, but I do have emotions. :zen:

Keep the questions and bikes coming!

That's what I figured but heck, thru it out there! Don't blame you on the 300's, I don't really care for them either.

I have a 2012 250-XC-W with very low hours and a Rekluse clutch. Excellent condition. I will try and post some pics or I can email you.

I have a 2012 250-XC-W with very low hours and a Rekluse clutch. Excellent condition. I will try and post some pics or I can email you.

Thanks, PM sent.

Steve's bikes are in great shape he takes good care of them and seldom washes them as in his avatar picture.

Steve are you getting out of dirt riding? We were talking yesterday when we were out at Zars we needed to see if you were still riding and get you back out here for a day.

If I was buying just a trail bike to have fun on I would buy a 300. If I was buying one to race I would buy a 250. Had several of both. There are pluses and minuses to both bikes. If I could only have one.....it would be a 250.

If I was buying just a trail bike to have fun on I would buy a 300. If I was buying one to race I would buy a 250.

Interesting to hear everyone's views on the 250,300, and other choices. With the buffet of bike options from the European and Japanese manufactures there is something for everyone. Fun time to be on two wheels! :rider:

Steve's bikes are in great shape he takes good care of them and seldom washes them as in his avatar picture.

Steve are you getting out of dirt riding? We were talking yesterday when we were out at Zars we needed to see if you were still riding and get you back out here for a day.

I am not 100% sure but am definitely leaning that way. Too many injuries that don't seem to ever heal. Keeping the Berg for now but it may go on the block as well.

Interesting to hear everyone's views on the 250,300, and other choices. With the buffet of bike options from the European and Japanese manufactures there is something for everyone. Fun time to be on two wheels! :rider:

I go through bikes like underwear, lol, almost. Anyway even tho I'm a big guy I'm just not comfortable on the 300's. Sometimes just a little too much, kinda like my 450 but not as predictable. Doesn't allow me to run it out like my 250 comfortably. Obviously they both have their fans and both will work!

Just made contact on a 250 today. Steve's to be exact. Hopefully I'll be down to pick it up next weekend.

TWT for the win! Somebody point me to the donation box. :sun:

Thanks again.

Back