• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Where is the BEST Chicken Fried Steak in Texas?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428099801.402522.jpg

Granny Clark's buffet in Dublin

It sort of is, just a different name.

I sure didn't see any bottles of it. A lot of other sodas, maybe a dozen, but not a Dr. Pepper clone with the original formula. That was about 2 months ago.

I know it's been mentioned more than once in here but I made a run out to Mary's in Strawn this past Friday. I tried the CFS sandwich. Just like the plate version it was hanging out of all sides of the bun! You know you are getting old when you leave some of those awesome fresh cut fries on the plate. They give you enough of them to feed 3 people. Great ride.

Last week our Wednesday night West/Central Houston Dual-Sport meet-up was at Jax Grill on Shepherd in Houston. My6 and I tried the CFS and CFC and shared. I'm never too impressed when there's no mashed potatoes or veggies offered. And would it kill them to give you a roll? They were okay but not the best I've tasted. And certainly the side orders lacked. We had a discussion at the table as to why the gravy for the CFC came in a bowl and the CFS just had a little on top. We thought it might be a code so the serving staff could tell them apart.
1661a68079ef01709ff57d3dc88e70d0.jpg
c622d61280025573fdc0fd56abcff5bd.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Tried the CFS at Mason Jar on I-10 in Houston tonight. Huge and the veggie options were good. No bread served with it (I hate it when the wait staff tries to help me limit my carb intake). The gravy tasted a little sweet. I know that sounds weird but I found myself wanting to salt it
86999a2c31a51d5ac8622343dfb3027c.jpg
. Overall very good although around $14. I do have enough for lunch tomorrow. :D

My6 and I had an early lunch today at the Railroad Crossing BBQ on Hempstead Hwy. in Houston. We sat in an old railroad dining car to eat. Although it says BBQ, we ordered the CFS. We could have shared one. Very good generous portion. The green beans (although canned) were cooked in bacon and the bowl for one person was the size of a small serving dish. Two scoops of real mashed potatoes and the gravy was very good. I ate almost the entire thing and thought the tires on my bike were surely going to go flat when I left the restaurant. The meal for two with tea was $24. Thinking of using this place as a location for our Wednesday night Dual Sport Meet-Up sometime. They're only open until 8pm but said if we had a 15-20 people they would stay open later for us.
aaa168db3641ac208d06b5c086616464.jpg
993c01986ffaef6dabd7a13e3f14f4e5.jpg
1e0cd24ef9b1194f3d1938d3291561f6.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
My6 and I rented out the whole dining car for our lunch. ;D Actually, there were 4 other tables but they had left by the time I took the picture. They have another larger dining room that was full.

Looks real tasty. Been on a Q kick lately. Am way way behind on updating my CFS pictures. Thanks for keeping it going. Bet it was cool just eating in the old RR car. KP

It was cool!

The onion rings were good. I always test those, too! Because I'm picky about my onion rings. The breading was good and crisp. You can get a 1/2 order instead of one of your sides with the CFS.

Back