• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Akuma helmets

Hmmm, I like it. However, having the Marines one might not help when you get pulled over by a cop who's a former squid...er, sailor.

They don't make their own helmets unfortunately. They're reject Vemar's with a graphics wrap. NOT worth the prices they're asking. Stick with a Scorpion.

Again, how do you know they're rejects? I've seen them in person & know a couple of people who own them & are very happy with them.

I'm a parts mgr at a dealership. They fit like ka ka. I'll sell you my last one at a big discount if you really want one.

I bought one when Costco had them. $299. Great price.

It gave me a headache in the back of my head like a vice. I ordered XL.

It was returned 2 days later.

isn't everything?

Haha! almost everthing. HJC is made in Korea.:giveup:

Where did you see that? I'm pretty sure they're made right here in San Antonio.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motorcycle-helmet/akuma-helmet/
If you believe what is posted there
Also, if they were made in S.A., I would think MADE IN THE USA would be emblazoned all over their website. Instead, all I see is "Akuma Helmets is American owned and operated". Not the same. :patriot:

So I guess that I shouldn't lick them?

nor should you feed them to your dog. :eek2:

This thread makes me want to sing...

AKUMA MATATA

Walt%20Disney%20-%20Lion%20King%20family%20dim.jpg

:lol2:

i tried a couple on at a local dealer. the paint jobs are very nice. but the fit and finish of the inside turned me off. i was all ready to buy one till i tried them on. ymmv

Akuma helmets are not made in San Antonio, but the company is based there. I've played with them and don't think they are worth the price unless you really want that specific graphic or the lights they feature. Nothing wrong with them, just not worth the cost in my mind.

If their helmet does not fit a particular person, I would not knock them for that because fit is not an indicator of quality. Everyone's head has a different shape. Maybe yours was not the shape they were aiming for. For further explaination see all the different models of Aria helmets.

Carl

Audrey made some great deals to myself and the m(r)s. on some sharks. I like 'em alot...even without the laserbeams.:mrgreen:

Back