• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Photo Assignment #06: Unaltered RED Entry Here

Tracker

post tenebras lux
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Please read and adhere to the following.

This contest has a special restriction. Rule #8 is suspended for this contest.

The challenge is to photographically capture RED, whatever RED means to you. Also, for this contest, NO cropping or post-shot processing is allowed, other than to size the photo to display properly. So, a big part of this challenge is to frame the shot properly when shooting; get the most out of the aperture, speed, ISO, settings, etc. as best you can to get your photo to shout RED!

Post your single entry for Photo Assignment #06 - Unaltered RED, in this thread. The picture has to have been taken between May 20th and June 1st, midnight. Also, please refrain from comment on pictures (yours and others) until after the winner has been selected. Any comments posted prior to the announcement of a winner will be deleted. Pictures should stand on their own for your interpretation of "Unaltered RED". If you wish a critique/comment, than please state so above or below your entry.

This assignment will close midnight, June 1st, 2009 so have your entry in by then.

Last edited by a moderator:
A little bump...

The challenge is to photographically capture RED, whatever RED means to you. Also, for this contest, NO cropping or post-shot processing is allowed, other than to size the photo to display properly. So, a big part of this challenge is to frame the shot properly when shooting; get the most out of the aperture, speed, ISO, settings, etc. as best you can to get your photo to shout RED!​

DSCF6878.jpg

Wow. A big challenge awaits me. Great entries, everybody. I'll try and have the results later this evening.

I hope to never win again. :doh: Judging this was brutal. I asked the family for help in choosing—bad decision. We agreed less than the America’s Got Talent judges.

Feeling extremely frustrated at having to choose one, my choice is…at the end of this post.

Voni:
Points for creativity. I think I would have appreciated it more if I knew what it was reflecting off of and you could have concealed the camera.

Backspinn:
Mother Nature always provides great subjects and this one is a consummate red. Great framing and use of background for contrast.

M38A1:
quello è rosso. Nothing says red like Italian red. I like the diagonal orientation of the lettering and framing. Perfect focus and color. Lots & lots to like about this pic.

Dixonduke:
Red in abstract. Still a mystery what the object might be. This one grabbed me and held on for a long time. I would have liked it better if the lines remained parallel from top to bottom--I’m guessing it was shot at a slight angle looking down.

Brotha J:
Great, great effort. Although it was staged, it was a great job. Not only does it say, “Red!”, it also says, “Summer!” I think I would have framed her slightly lower and dropped out most of the chair legs. Suggestion: Clean shotgun when boys come over to visit and show them fresh 2’ x 6’ mound of dirt in back yard.

Beemer Steve:
Great subject. I think there were probably some great macro shots on that old engine to be had. Fence—not so great.

BexarWolf: Red? Orange? Red? Orange? Whatever, it’s a great shot. Nice framing and use of the foreground silhouette of the trees. The power lines aren’t a big negative, but they are a little negative for me.

RASZ: Great story picture. Get’s you asking questions—Where are they at? Long road trip?

Ctoons: Leathernecks! The Few, The Proud. Very nice photo that makes me proud to be an American even though I’m not a Marine.

The winner is…Brotha J.

CONGRATS Brotha J!

I knew when I saw your post that was the one. (I actually liked the one in the discussion thread a bit more)

Great entries everyone.....

When I saw what the subject of this assignment was, I said to myself........Brotha J. After seeing the pics of your kid from other posts, that red hair was a natural winner. :clap: Congrats!

:rant::headbang::miffed: those power lines..............*sigh*

I just want to thank all the little people who helped me win...

...Well, actually, ONE little person ;-). Also to the wife for holding the backdrop (and for providing even more red in the picture-via her painted toes).

Stay tuned for the next assignment. I have a great idea in mind, but I need to go over the rules to make sure it's "legal". :giveup:

CONGRATS Brotha J!

I knew when I saw your post that was the one.

Great entries everyone.....

+1

(It's my brother who's the Marine- 23 year career so far, helicopter pilot, Colonel, and commander of the 15th MEU)

Back