• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Debbie and Iron

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzBhVE7f56nCSVN2ckJDNHdLNFU/view?usp=drivesdk

Quick clip of Debbie leaving downtown fort Worth after a wonderful Italian meal. This is Debbie 3rd bike. Had a Honda 250, 750 Honda Shadow, and now her Sportster Iron. Debbie is a good rider. I do not mean she goes down the freeway in an 80 mph wheelie. I mean she thanks motorcycle all the time she is driving.

Debbie is in her last month of chemo. Lost her hair and 30 pounds. At 5'1&1/4" that means she lost a lot of strength. It will be a while before is riding again. In the mean time I have put her sportster in my drive to work rotstion. Only has 220 miles on it. At least I am keeping the battery up and it excercised.

I really miss our weekend excursion. Never very far but so much fun. One time we looked for two days for Uncertain, TX. Hard to find. We get our bikes and iPad drive for an hour or two in some direction. Stop and hit the iPad for interesting places. Love it

Last edited:
Of course we hAve spent hours and hours in the hill country. One of our favorite roads is Texas State Road 16. The Sports is not a knee draggers but handles the high speed sweepers of HW 16 very well

You know they say the longer a couple lives together the more they look a like. Debbie's face a little swollen from steriods. We got the same hair do. Can not wait to get on the road again. We do not ride with groups too much. S h e had to have a peanut tank to help get a get her feet on the ground. She has to get gas pretty often.

Attachments

• 20161106_141101.jpg
    20161106_141101.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
:tab Here's to praying that the chemo works. If so, losing hair is a small price to pay in the long run.

:tab My wife and I used to do little evening rides after I got home from work (in the pre kid days). They might have only been 50-60 miles to go get a burger somewhere, but man I really enjoyed those rides with her! She's not ridden in years and I miss it. I do at least get to share the riding with my two oldest kids now. They ride on the back of my 1200 GS and love it. The third one is getting VERY impatient for her legs to get long enough for her feet to reach the pegs!! She's been telling me lately that her legs have been hurting because she's having growing pains and keeps wanting me to check again to see if her feet reach the passenger pegs :lol2:

Y'all might have the same hairdo's but at least Debbie doesn't have your whiskers!
Thanks for introducing her to the group--can't wait to meet you both.

Back