• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

So many choices...

:tab You can really see lens compression when watching MotoGP races. When they show the view looking down the straight as the bikes are coming toward the camera into a corner, they look all bunched up, but then when they switch to the helicopter view, you can see just how far apart they really are.

:tab Got my 70-300 back from a friend I loaned it to. Other goodies scheduled to be here Friday afternoon. They called to make sure someone would be here to sign for it. Of course we have a Christmas party to go to right after work so I may not get to play with it until Saturday :doh:

:tab Everything but the 35mm/1.8 showed up this morning :dude: It, and a few books, should be here this evening.

:tab The camera battery had to be charged! :doh: Torture... Of course, this is probably a good thing because it gives the new owner about an hour and a half to sit and read instructions. Then there is that, the battery only took about an hour and a half to charge, but I don't know if it was totally dead because I did not try it first. On my D40, the battery would charge in about that same time from stone cold dead.

:tab Anyway, once I got the battery in, fired it up, formatted memory cards, went through all the setup stuff, I got to playing. I still have a LOT to figure out regarding how to make the camera do what I want it to do, but that will come with time. So here are the first shots.

From Sarah - a tad orange on exposure (halogen lamp lighting)
SVF_0001.jpg

Some 30+ year old playtime buds
SVF_0003.jpg

New Avatar? :-P
SVF_0005.jpg

Painful memories... :doh:
SVF_0007.jpg

Lord of the Universe - under CFL lighting after auto color adjust in Irfanview
SVF_0011.jpg

Trying to play with bokeh
SVF_0012.jpg

Playing with dark/light contrast, need to learn how to handle these better.
SVF_0013.jpg

Sugar, Lord of the Universe's antagonist
SVF_0017.jpg

Misc flower pics, some kind of clover...
SVF_0032.jpg

SVF_0033.jpg

SVF_0035.jpg

SVF_0036.jpg

SVF_0037.jpg

SVF_0038.jpg

:tab I've got a few books on the way, some for technical stuff and some for the more artistic/compositional stuff.

Congrats!!!!! You will love it.

May I recommend Scott Kelby's 4 part book series. It has helped me more than I could ever hope to explain. He just has a very simple, and straight forward way of relaying information to the reader.

I have that book set bookmarked :-P It will be the next book purchase. I kind of have to wait till post Christmas :wary:

Your test shots right out of the box look great. Me thinks you're going to like the new gear.

I have that book set bookmarked :-P It will be the next book purchase. I kind of have to wait till post Christmas :wary:

I have 3 of the set, I think. You are welcome to read them. PM me your address and I will get them in the mail to you.

That's a big variety of shooting in a short amount of time! Having fun it looks like. :clap:

:tab LATE last night, I ordered the camera stuff, having made sure that with the renovation work on the house and the costs of moving the baby grand piano being given to us that I would be okay with the cost of the camera. The contractor showed up this morning and got right to work.

:tab Well, it took two months, but we finally got the piano Wednesday!

BabyGrand1.jpg

BabyGrand2.jpg

BabyGrand3.jpg

BabyGrand4.jpg

:tab Moving costs were much less than we expected and they did a great job. The lady that gave it to us swears it needs to be tuned, but I can't detect a single note that sounds off... :shrug: Beth and the kids are thrilled. Now we have to see about lessons...

Back