• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

KTM 1190 ADVENTURE

Buddy at work bought one of these. Two weeks into owning it, something in the electronic suspension went bad. Fast forward over a month of being in the shop and it was finally fixed.

He should have found a better dealership for the repair. The R model does not have electronic suspension.

It was the dealership he bought it from. Either way a bike shouldn't require a major repair two weeks into ownership.

Apparently they had to replace nearly everything in the suspension with newer model equipment because they couldn't find the parts they needed for the left over model they sold him.

Sent from my iPhone

It was the dealership he bought it from. Either way a bike shouldn't require a major repair two weeks into ownership.

Apparently they had to replace nearly everything in the suspension with newer model equipment because they couldn't find the parts they needed for the left over model they sold him.

Sent from my iPhone

That is an amusing statement you made. Machines do break. Some dealers are incompetent. I knew a guy who bought a new tire once and it got a flat the next week. :rofl:

Sorry man it's a brand new bike. Two weeks into ownership with an essentially one month break down? Not acceptable. Especially for those that use their bikes as their car.

A tire is an easy fix. Did it just go flat on it's own or did he pick up a nail or screw? Did it take him a month to get a new tire? Not a good example there :P

I ride with lots of people who own KTMs out here in the San Diego Adventure Riders folks. No thanks is all I say. They spend more time with their bikes down in the chocks than riding them. And when they do make it out to rides their bikes are the first to throw up issues.

Maybe you can own one someday. You know you want one.

Again no thanks. My buddies is an awesome ride (rode it at a local off road area we frequent) but I don't want to deal with their issues.

Awww come on you know you want one otherwise why would you be dumping on this post?

Last edited:
I ride with lots of people who own KTMs out here in the San Diego Adventure Riders folks. No thanks is all I say. They spend more time with their bikes down in the chocks than riding them. And when they do make it out to rides their bikes are the first to throw up issues.

I think the location of the bikes may be more of a problem than the manufacturer of them.

So where's the sound clip of the beast?

53027d1351259605-morgans-2004-ranger-seriously-bro-troll-harder.jpg

;)

I think the location of the bikes may be more of a problem than the manufacturer of them.

So where's the sound clip of the beast?

Precisely. Some dealers took on the street line and did not have the proper diagnostics or training.

Pipe needs a few more miles to break in.

Pretty funny you'd take a weestrom over 1190R. Guess if you stay on the street.

Lolz Try again. I ain't riding single track on it that's for sure but it sees plenty of dirt.

The Orange side is strong.........once you've tasted it , nothing else even comes close!

1190, 690, 990, 500, 1190, 690, 990, 500, must resist..........

My first Strom was orange.....
Or more like a tangerine dream over a pearl metallic gold base... with nickel plated carbon 2bros pipes!! MAN those were loud...
Thats the extent of my orange experience

PARDON........Tangerine

Last edited:
Well I fiiiiinally pulled the trigger on a new 2015 silver and black 1190! I tried to post a pic but the file size is too big and I'm not computer literate enough to compress it. I guess I will have to get computer literate enough to program the bike though.:lol2:

Somebody post a picture for me.

Well I fiiiiinally pulled the trigger on a new 2015 silver and black 1190! I tried to post a pic but the file size is too big and I'm not computer literate enough to compress it. I guess I will have to get computer literate enough to program the bike though.:lol2:

Somebody post a picture for me.

Congrats, excellent choice. I've had mine about four months and have almost 5K miles on it. The bike's a hoot. Might I recommend addressing the leaking air box ASAP, if you'll be riding in the dust. I recently added the cruise control and the Cyclops LED replacement lamps. I highly recommend these mods as well...

DSC03804.JPG

DSC03806.JPG

Back