• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The 2007 Suzuki Bandit 1250S -The Mega Thread

If they don't sell it before the end of the month, I bet they call you back.

There was a guy taking it for a test ride while I was getting ready to leave...might be sold this weekend. Ya' just never know...

I don't think they will call me back. The salesman was getting an attitude with me cuz I refused to buy at his price. lol

Too bad they wouldn't work with you. I'd have loved it if someone from the forum got it. Like I told ya, it's an awesome Bandit and I do miss it a lot. Regardless, hit me up sometime Rob. We'll head for those twisties you mentioned. Pleasure chatting with you.

Too bad they wouldn't work with you. I'd have loved it if someone from the forum got it. Like I told ya, it's an awesome Bandit and I do miss it a lot. Regardless, hit me up sometime Rob. We'll head for those twisties you mentioned. Pleasure chatting with you.

Thanks, I enjoyed talking to you and I'm gonna call 'em this Tuesday to see if the bike is still available. I'll most likely buy the bike if it's still there...$200.00 isn't gonna make me or break me.

Problem with the 1250S Bandit is that they don't hold retail value to very much. I doubt if I could get 2,000 trade in for mine with a honest 80,000 plus miles on it. Even with full Givi luggage on it, speedo healer, rox risers and givi windshield.
Also, a dealer does have to warrant any bike they sale for at least 30 days if I remember right.

Problem with the 1250S Bandit is that they don't hold retail value to very much. I doubt if I could get 2,000 trade in for mine with a honest 80,000 plus miles on it. Even with full Givi luggage on it, speedo healer, rox risers and givi windshield.
Also, a dealer does have to warrant any bike they sale for at least 30 days if I remember right.

In Texas, the dealer can and will sell used bikes as is...no warranty at all. I'm all for them making a profit, they are supposed to. lol

IMHO, a $500.00 profit is fair for a motorcycle that is just sitting on their lot...a quick easy deal, just write 'em a check and be done. That's why I hate to pay more than $4K OTD.

:zen:
Well my 07 has been sitting for a season without any use ( been riding the Concours ). Put the battery in and it started with one touch of the starter :clap: .
Anyways after it warmed up I shifted it into gear and the clutch wouldn't engage, pumped the clutch a few times and still no grab. Shut it down pulled the cover off the master cylinder to check fluid and its full and still clean. Made sure it was filled up and tried again and still nothing. Going to bleed the line to see if that works, cause now my OCD has kicked in and I want it working.
Feeling quilty now seeing as I didn't ride it more then a mile last year.
Any ideas??
Thanks.
After I get it fixed I'll want to use it for my short trips and city runs.
There's just over 75500kms on the clock and never been any issues with the clutch before this bike has been bullit proof from the start.

Last edited:
Clutch cylinder probably stuck in the open position. Gonna have to take it off, apart, clean the crud off the piston and cyl.

Had my B2008's forks resprung, upped the rear preload (now on 6 of 7) & wandered off to church this Easter Sunday to get the feel for the changes. ("church" is the local term for the end of this section of tar - where we go on Sundays).
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPdL3l0b7Ig"]Testing new suspension at Church on Easter Sunday - YouTube[/ame]
After the first 5 minutes, it's just the same over & over (great piece of road).
The Bandit is still more than fast enough & flickable enough for me; love it.

How did you do the split screen? Is it part of the camera, itself? Thanks in advance for your answer.:rider:

never seen vid set up like that., now you can't leave us hanging. Splain it!!!!!!!!!!

Front camera is a GoPro3, at the moment hanging off a Ram mount on the rear footpeg (I'm still experimenting with placement).

gopro_front_zpswvlv9bhw.jpg

gopro_rear_angle_zpsrpxk60bt.jpg

Rear camera is a Garmin Virb Elite, sitting under the top-box, that's what blacks out the top of the shot, leaving room for the overlay.

garmin_rear_angle_zps7p6du3bg.jpg

garmin_front_zpsu879h1fs.jpg

I had to buy a low-profile mount to fit it under there.

All telemetry data is collected by the Virb & displayed with its standard software.

To splice the 2 videos together, I use free software "MS Expression Encoder 4".

Now that you know the what & the how, I expect to see some of your footage in the not too distant future ;)

(yes, I need to wash my lovely bike)

Last edited:
Brilliant! Thanks for sharing. Well, I have part of the equipment, the GoPro 3. LOL. Which, sadly, is hardly ever used.

Front camera is a GoPro3, at the moment hanging off a Ram mount on the rear footpeg (I'm still experimenting with placement).

Rear camera is a Garmin Virb Elite, sitting under the top-box, that's what blacks out the top of the shot, leaving room for the overlay.

All telemetry data is collected by the Virb & displayed with its standard software.

To splice the 2 videos together, I use free software "MS Expression Encoder 4".

Now that you know the what & the how, I expect to see some of your footage in the not too distant future

:rider:<<<----That's all I got so far this year....uuugghhh

210 miles today. I know it wasn't far but it's been sooooo very long.....I feel sick, cough, cough....:)

Dude! It's not about the distance! It's what you did, what you saw, what you felt! I did 118 miles in 3.5 hours of road time. But
IMG_0418-1.jpg

IMG_0420-1.jpg

IMG_0419-1.jpg

Amazingly my first flat on ze Bandit. Picked up about a 2" big U- staple somewheres and as beat up as the tip was, I had run a few miles on it. Noticed something wrong when doing my pre ride check and 10 lbs in the rear. Hmmmmmmm. So, out comes the patch kit that I replace the strings ever couple years and with a bit of glue and fiber string it's patched and trimmed. Wait about 10 mins and pumped to 42 lbs, let set about 5 mins and checked. 40 lbs , so back to 42 lbs. Let set for 10 mins, 42 lbs. Test ride with about 5 miles serious loading the left side of the rear where the plug was with lean angle, acceleration and braking. Home, check pressure 44 lbs. Soapy water, no bubbles.
Being as I have only 3,000 miles on this rear , Pirelli Angel GT , I'm gonna keep running it and keeping an eye on it.
Hard to believe, but on my last 20 yrs of street riding, 124,000 miles on BMWs, 24,000 miles on DL1000, true 85,000 miles on 1250S Bandit., my first tubeless tire flat.

That is amazing! We have had a lot of home-building in north Texas so nails and staples litter the roads. I'm happy to have only hit two that stuck.

It's good to be handy with a patch kit! :sun:

Yesterday I was riding on Campbell Ave in Springfield, Mo, when I see a guy on a Harley; from the back, I notice that his rear tire is about as wide as a car tire. I'm wondering to myself if he can stand up at a light without putting his foot down. I get up beside him at a light, and yell, "That's as wide as a car tire!" He responds, "It's supposed to be!"

Then the light changed, and he took off. Really took off! It was all I could do to keep up with him. I was shocked; I've never seen a Harley move that quickly. I went quickly enough that my front end got light, although I didn't run up to redline - I just don't do that. I think I could have passed him, but then, I don't know how much more he had, either, so perhaps not.

The wide tire kit for Harleys is $1800, so he had obviously spent some money. Apparently he put some in the engine as well. I don't believe there's any such thing as a stock Harley that can keep up with a 1250 Bandit off the line.

Am I wrong? In all my years of riding, I've never seen anything of the sort. It was pretty cool.

We went our separate ways at the next light, so I didn't get to see anymore about his bike.

RFT!!!
Dave Kelsen
--
One of my biggest fears in this election is that the outcome will create a world in which Glenn Beck is happy.

If they have spent some serious money and work on the engine, a Harley or any of the big V-twins will give a bandit and other superbikes a run for the money till about a 100. Out of the hole, you're fighting wheel stand, they are not. LOL , reminds me many years ago when we put struts on my XT 500 Yamaha and surprise many bigger bikes due to engine work and lightness of the bike and rider. Sheesh! Where did those 160 lbs days go to??????

For me, that was when I was a junior in high school, Andrus.

I was 6'2", and terribly skinny.

I got over it.....

I'm always glad to see you riding and posting. I have managed to ride at least one day every month since I bought the Bandit, and the first year I was in Wisconsin!

RFT!!!
Dave Kelsen

Back