• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

$20 fee to kill/injur a motorcyclist...

Reaction score
Not trying to state something out of anger, nor insite anger in a negative way...

I am working on an article related to motorcycle fatalities and my current standings via DPS state that (at any age) the most dangerous place to navigate two wheels is city traffic. The most common accident regarding the stated is a right turn onto larger traffic or left turn by a four wheeled vehicle. The current price for the right turn offense is $20. The fee offends me much! The fact that it is done no matter the cost, offends me more!!!
:angryfir:

One of my reasons for the above, I am working on a detailed article regarding injury, death or just plain injustice to the two wheeled Texas rider. This is a long and arduous project. If the above offends you, then try to at least increase the fee for this offense. I am not trying to joke. When the fee for DUI was increased with stiffer penalties, less people did it.

I, being a full time rice rocket motorer (no car), am sickened by the callousness shown by the four wheeled rider...especially the rider of sport or sport touring rider. On a whole, we are riders who wear, ride and live safer. Those of you in the DFW area understand the hatred of news focus on the negative, not the positive.

I hope to change that!!!!

In the memory of all who have had to try and survive the basic ride...more importantly, those who didn't.

This is my call to you to help enact change.

:help:

Karen "Redd" Rich
Dallas, Texas

Back