• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Poor experience with Motorcycle-Superstore.com

schulz

Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Last Name
Schulz
Today was my first time using Motorcycle Superstore and I am very unhappy with the overall experience.

I got on the site and registered a new account under my old hotmail account that I use so that it will catch any unwanted spam and during the registration also signed up for their free Rider Rewards program that gives you a free $10 credit for every $300 you spend. I proceeded to add a Sena SMH-10 communicator and some Motocentric saddlebags to my cart and go to checkout. At the checkout I notice that in addition to normal credit card options they also offer Paypal and Google Wallet, both of which I have. Seeing as I already have my credit card info set-up and that they are generally more secure, I chose to checkout using Google Wallet. It navigates me to the Wallet login and prompts me to complete the order before finally telling me my order was completed.

I return to Motorcycle Superstore about 20 minutes later and notice that the two items are still sitting in my shopping cart. A little curious about why it doesn't show any complete orders under my account I decided to use the "live chat" feature they had on the site. The rep I got couldn't have been any slower answering questions and made me wonder if they were even there at times since there was never a "let me look into that", just a whole lot of nothing. Eventually they tell me that you have to be registered with the same email as your Google account in order for the two to link and that also I would receive no Rider Rewards for the purchase because purchases made through Paypal, Google, Ebay, or Amazon were excluded. I asked them to please show me where any of this was mentioned on their site and the representative promptly exited the conversation.

I was a little bit pissed off at this point and called the Customer Service phone line. After explaining to the guy on the line what had happened he told me, "Live Chat was just implemented this week and it was probably an accident."...yeah right. I then asked him the same question, where was this disclaimer or info on their site? He came back with a very sharp reply that it was all in the Rider Rewards page if I had cared to read it when I signed up. This made me even more upset. I pointed out to him that I had read the page which only listed Ebay and Amazon as being ineligible and that nowhere on the entire site did it mention anything about having to sign up with the same email account that you may use for payment. He just said that "it is the way it is".

Needless to say, I don't know that I'll be all that willing to use them again as the entire process was a bit of a headache. If I do, then I suppose I'll just order as a unregistered user since thats what ended up happening anyway.

The only good thing they still have going for them is that their prices are decent and shipping was cheap. I got UPS Second Day for $10 and regular ground was free. Between both items it looks like I saved around $60 over most other places I checked. Anyway, decent seller I suppose with terrible customer service.

I don't recall specifically why I quit using them, but I it has been years since I have ordered from them. Poor customer service rings a bell though.

I use them for tires, never had a problem. In fact just the opposite, killer prices when they have a sale. I stock up.

I had one bad experience with them when they never filled an on line order. I had to call about it and they got it out. Other than that, its been fine. I like their mobile site also.

I use them for tires, never had a problem. In fact just the opposite, killer prices when they have a sale. I stock up.

I still buy tires with them sometimes, but I did have one bad experience.
I received a tire that I really needed for a big trip, and the date stamp on the side of the tire was just over two years old. As a result, every shop in town was unwilling to mount the tire. I did not have time to deal with another shipping cycle or two (sending the tire back). I was out of time and had to mount the tire myself. Very much a pain in the rump. This was for a Gold wing, and those street tires are very hard to mount.

Bought some helmets, tires, and shirts from them. Never an issue and I returned a helmet that didn't fit right. In fact, ordering a helmet for the wife from them.

I stopped using those slimebags when I realized that they were using deceptive sales tactics. They mainly do this on tires. For instance, when they have a so called tire sale, they actually mark up their usual price then offer the same tires at a so called "sale" price. Screw them, I use Rocky Mountain ATV/Jake Wilson now. Get tires just as cheap or cheaper.

Also, I got the Sena SMH10 cheaper from Revzilla then MS had them.

I quit using them because of bad customer service.
There are many other internet stores that will welcome you and your money and give great service.

Rocky mountain atv is one of them, and Google search will give you the best prices..:clap:

Buy my tires and riding gear from them. Nice to talk to on the phone. Stuff comes fast. Whats not to like?

Another one with no complaints. Bought a helmet, didn't like it, returned without questions and refunded. Bought a jacket, some gloves and a few other things with no problem there either. I didn't use any fancy google thing either though, just used my debit card. I did get a bit annoyed with their emails, but unsubscribed and they stop coming. I have started using Amazon a bit more since they have done a good job with getting some decent motorcycle gear and its usually from the places like you mentioned, but your dealing with amazon instead for returns.

I've had good service and good interaction with their "phone guys" at MC superstore. Bought a Tourmaster jacket that didn't fit; the return, reorder, and replacement with the proper size was painless. Have ordered tires several times from them, no problems. The "fake sale price" IS something they do, but that kind of deal is used by both online and brick and mortar vendors. Due diligence and common sense lets one know when there is a real deal (or not).

I mostly use RMATV but I also use MSS when the need arises or they have a good deal on something I need. They have always been prompt in shipping and the few times I have had to return items it has been painless.

Nothing but positive experiences with them.

I've had good experiences with them. I've also had mix ups with the others. It's just the nature of the beast. I have always had decent results when I called or emailed to correct any issues. The biggest problem for me is timing orders for all the things I need before a trip and allowing enough time to return and wait for corrections if needed. I have noticed that mcs has pretty vague descriptions of certain items that have caused me to order things that weren't what I expected them to be, but no problem upon returning them

I quit using them too. I ordered a larger gas tank for my WR that was said to be in stock online. I paid expedited shipping as I was planning on attending a Big Bend event. I received a cancellation/out of stock notice on the either the day it was supposed to arrive or the day after it was supposed to arrive, which was too late for me to do anything else about it. As it turns out, I didn't make the ride anyway.

I buy most of my tires from them and other stuff from time to time. I'm an active price-shopper, though, so whether they say it's 30 percent off or 30 percent more doesn't affect me... the price is what it is.
I've had to send some stuff back, including once because I actually ordered the wrong size. When they sent me the replacement, they sent a coupon for free shipping.
I find them to be as good as any other internet parts supplier. (Not as good as Aerostitch, but that's a different catgory IMHO.)

I pretty much use the outlet of theirs through Amazon but I've been doing that to take advantage of Amazon Prime (for shipping).

I've bought several sets of tires from them, always had fast service and free shipping on tires. Can't complain.

No complaints either, always use paypal and bought a lot of stuff from them over the years.

Back