• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Photo Assignment #189 - "America the Great" (Assignment)

WoodButcher

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Last Name
Myers
Okay, lots of room for interpretation. Let's see your images of our great nation. Fireworks, mountains, rivers, cars, bike, kids, flags. Something that conveys what is beautiful and grand about the United States. So, even if not shot in the US, it should have something distinctly American in the image.

You have until midnight on July 19th and the images must be shot between now and then. I'll get some samples posted later today.

Feel free to post some older pictures you think fit the assignment here for discussion and enjoyment.

Last edited:
Photo Assignment #189 - "America the Great" (Assignment)

This is all over the board...

5156c0b0ea2294361af2ca44c22ecea1.jpg

79cb6247bccebd4e266ae97148e7dd2a.jpg

9fbe3faa16631ef289bc5c47d6466a91.jpg

b2d94ae9e8108f65893026f1ba1cee38.jpg

7707cd2a7b96fd2341a3d052cbea3058.jpg

ec097badcba3a9fc3f356dcdf96441bc.jpg

Last edited:
I've tweaked the due date. I'll be out of town on the 17th so I've moved it to the 19th.

No entries so far, but you shouldn't have any trouble coming up with something about America. Landscape, counterculture, fireworks, watermelon eating kids...but please don't let it eat too many kids.

I'm not sure this is going to happen for me.....

Here's why. Every concept I come up with just doesn't do the topic justice. I've realized I don't have the mental floss to sum "America the Great" up in a single image. They all fall short, seem narrow, cheapen those three words. :ponder:

Anybody else having difficulty with this or similar thoughts?

Yep, very tough. I think a small gallery of 3-5 images would have been easier. I had a couple of good ideas for a single image but it was not geographically possible to shot. I visited a factory in Indiana last fall that had a huge American flag hanging from the ceiling that was back lite from the sun coming in from a freight door. I thought a shot of a small group of the factory workers in front of the flag would have been nice.

I think it's the people that make America great.

I didn't have the time or money to head to Indiana so I had to scale back a little.

Back