• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Old Highway 105

dbdolan

Inactive Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Dolan
Found this cool old wooden bridge near Dobbin,Texas.

DSNWNavasota12-26-06007.jpg

DSNWNavasota12-26-06010.jpg

Good pictures, I wonted to take some pictures of my bike on the bridges but the roads they are on meke it hard because some red neck may come flying through. I have taken a lot of pictures of old houses, barns and buildings that have servived time.

I think this is the same bridge (looking the other way), or one on the same road, in Feb after some big rain.

256095583_jjoMy-M.jpg

Bad news........That bridge has been replaced by a new concrete monster. I took my wife and son down there to show them the bridge and was VERY disappointed! What a shame...

Wow. This is one of my favorite little roads. Not for going fast, but for an easy country ride. The bridge has been replaced by a modern concrete one, but there are 2 other old style ones near there. Not as long, but still rustic and cool.

Took DH to show him this bridge on Sunday .. it is now a new concrete bridge .. :-(

It was very sad .. and out of place .. I've walked that wood bridge many times ..

Progress ... :giveup:

Back