• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Regency Bridge - Goldthwaite, Texas

Both times I was at the Bridge the Trading post was closed.. Guess that means I need to ride out there again..:-D

The owner of the trading post was out and about once though, working on getting a Trike running, was a home built deal, that was rough, but running (mostly) and right in line with the ambiance of the bridge, trading post, and rural Texas :pirate:

Has anyone been to the trading post on the north side of the river? Went there once with a couple friends and wound up hanging out there for at least an hour. A couple folks playing guitars and singing and the rest of us just talking and relaxing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etI-dDYCPNk

Haven't been to the trading post, but from what I can gather from the intrawebs I think these may be the people. Pretty cool song either way.

My trip there in November of last year. It was a cool and slightly rainy day but a good ride anyway. I was on the way home from riding the hill country.

Attachments

• IMG_0605.jpg
    IMG_0605.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG_0608.jpg
    IMG_0608.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 293
  • IMG_0607 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_0607 - Copy.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 282
My avatar pic was taken by M38A1 at Regency Bridge.

But he wouldn't let me ride over it. Such a law abiding citizen he is. (Bridge was technically closed...)

My avatar pic was taken by M38A1 at Regency Bridge.

But he wouldn't let me ride over it. Such a law abiding citizen he is. (Bridge was technically closed...)
Interesting. When was it closed? Is that recently? I've been wanting to go back to the hill country and the bridge is sort of on the way so I was thinking of going through there again. I stopped there and the center of Texas marker not too far from there.

After the refurbishing, the then governor George Bush came out and had a big dedication
program.

Was just there last sunday

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 290
Last edited:
Back