• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Greetings from Alvin, Tx!

Reaction score
Thank you for letting me join your forum :sun: . I have been riding my 1994 Shadow 600 VLX for almost a year now, but I have been riding off and on since I was 15, which was, well, let's see... about 35 years ago. Most of that time I was riding dirt bikes :flip: or dual purpose bikes, with the intent of riding off road as much as possible. The knees have finally said "enough" :giveup: so I switched to mostly street riding. My son also rides the roads and we go riding together whenever possible. I generally ride bikes with a few years on them (my current oldest bike is 35 years old). Though not a great mechanic, we try to do all our own repairs and maintenance, and a fair share of customizing as well. In fact, I don't think I have ever paid someone to work on a motorcycle I have owned. We have begun to tour and recently covered the 713 mile round trip to the Rio Grande Valley. We hope to tour the Natchez trace this summer. But enough about me...

Hi Shadow Master. Welcome to the site. My husband Scott and I both graduated from Alvin and my parents still live there.

Awesome!!! Alvin is famous for four things... 1) Home of Nolan Ryan - no longer. 2) Joe's BBQ - do you miss it? 3) Ron Carter - giant car lot, keeps getting bigger, and 4) Blue Bomber.

Here are some of my bikes.

DSCN2397.jpg

Hmmm... better pics of those three bikes in the back please :mrgreen:

Welcome to the site!

Very cool! What models are they? Where do you ride them?

Welcome Shadow... Alvinite here also... I did ride a black and yellow GSXR-600 around town.. just sold it and thought i was thru riding due to health and age.. then i got the bug and bought a new 06 Hayabusa Limited.. its white and silver.. wave next time you see one and I'll know its you.. see ya around Alvin.

Jim.

Tourmeister said:
Very cool! What models are they? Where do you ride them?
The green one is a 1971 Suzuki TS250 Dual Purpose.
The yellow and blue ones are 1971 Suzuki TS125 Dual purpose, stripped down for trail riding.

I had to let the Green and Blue ones go, needed some cash. I still have the yellow one, which was the pick of the litter. It has a racing pipe and a few mods, and runs great. I have a 2 acre home-made moto-x track in my pasture that I ride on.

I will watch for you. Your bike should be easy enough to spot. I haven't seen any white Busas in town. I'm generally on my black Honda VLX.

Back