• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New to group - sort of...

Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Last Name
Martinez
Hello everyone -

I have just registered, however, I have previosly attended a BBQ night in Conroe with my oldest son, macktruckturner, who is also a member. Seems like a good group of folks. Look forward to being able to participate in some rides and / or events.

As far as self goes, I'm married and the father of 4 kids. I still have one kid at home (high school), two in college and macktruckturner in the Army. I enjoy riding my motorcycle and playing music.

I work in the oil and gas production industry as a consultant and project manager. I typically work on relatively large, multi-hundred million dollar, mostly international projects.

My motorcycle is a 2005 Honda GL-1800 Goldwing.

Ed.

:welcome: Ed!

I can see a GoldWing in my future, eventually. :pray:

Glad to see you met some of the Houston-area folks. :thumb:

Now, what every possessed you to name your first born "macktruckturner"? ;-)

Gilk51 - OK, that's NOT his NAME, just what he uses as a member name on this site..... Probably what I originally wanted to name him wouldn't be allowed on this site.... Let's just leave it at that. Ed.

Gilk51 - Oh yes, and I forgot to mention, I really enjoy my Goldwing. My dad's been riding them since the early 80's and has always said anyone who rides one will want to get one. I agree. I also agree that it's relatively heavy and not the most manuverable bike on the road in all situations. However, I really enjoy being able to throw a briefcase in the tail-trunk and going to work, or throw mom on the back and a couple of small duffels in the saddle bags and going away for a weekend. In the end, I ride it more than I thought I would when I got it. I got it last labor day weekend and it has over 7,500 miles on it already. Ed.

Ed, welcome to the site! Keep an eye on the NW Houston/Montgomery area Bike Nights thread for info on where we are meeting each week.

We know my name is Anthony ;) Anyway, welcome to the forum Dad, don't sit around and let your oldest son pass you up on the odometer.

Back