• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

EAST TX: Camp for Pie! Feb 24-25

Reaction score
Ok, gang.

JT and I have a plan to trailer our DS bikes to Fairfield Lake SP, ride around Saturday, eventually finding our way to the Pie Run at Sam's, ride some more, eventually find our way back to the park.

We will camp Friday and Saturday nights. I hear the area has plenty of dirt--let's go find it!

Right now the park has lots of sites available. Make your own reservations, yada yada yada.

So, as our "leerless feeder" is fond of saying, "What say you?"

Pie Run thread here: http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1487724#post1487724

Disclaimer/PSA: pavement only riders--"not that there's anything wrong with that"-- of course you are welcome too--form a group and go find the best twisties.

Last edited:
Re: Camp for Pie! Feb25-26

Bob, that's awesome. Your recovery must be progressing at lightning speed! Yay!

Post up your site #--we will endeavor to get one nearby.

Re: Camp for Pie! Feb25-26

Bob, that's awesome. Your recovery must be progressing at lightning speed! Yay!

Post up your site #--we will endeavor to get one nearby.

At state parks, you don't get to pick site numbers until you get there. We will just have to coordinate when the dates get close.

By the way: your post says 25&26, but Friday & Saturday is actually the 24th and 25th and that is the dates we reserved. Just saying ...

I have not ridden much in this area. I have drawn up some tracks that look good on the map, but if anyone has any tracks or just road suggestions, please post 'em. I may be able to include them in the loop.

You guys have Friday off or going after your shift? I guess I'm asking what time you are getting to camp on Friday ?

We are going after work. Probably be there about 10PM. :-(

I have sites 108, 109 & 110 in the Post Oak section reserved. There is limited cell coverage so stop on by. We may have room for you.

Great campout and pie run, thanks for the good times

5d7c9638cde336a73eff77baaaf94157.jpg

5370dcb1dc3b3d45306ce1189d5e67b8.jpg

f441c0ccf2b7397a19c7d23bb7439069.jpg

Back