• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2012 Texas Adventure Ride & Texas Adventure Challenge, Apr 19-22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yardracer, you may only have a 200, but I bet your riding skills are much more refined than mine :). I just started riding (41 yrs). I started riding when I was 5 and got to ride only about 2 years. From 7-40 nothing to speak of riding wise; now I want to ride again....midlife crisis probably lol. I have been riding my Triumph Tiger 1050 all over Texas and a couple of long distance trips up north but not much dirt thus far. Thank you for the encouragement!

At this point I am hitching a ride with with the above guy from Corsicana coming from Waco, I do not know anyone down there; it should be a great experience. I hope to tag along with someone for the BB trip this summer, I don't like riding solo - I want to be part of a group :)

markus. Depending on how you have your 1050 set up, you could do most of the Hill Country dirt on that pretty easily if you take it easy. The 350 would be more fun in some places but the 1050 sure makes the street sections more palatable. Your call.

At this point I am hitching a ride with with the above guy from Corsicana coming from Waco, I do not know anyone down there; it should be a great experience. I hope to tag along with someone for the BB trip this summer, I don't like riding solo - I want to be part of a group :)

I started riding w the twtex group about 3 yrs ago at uncles around the bend ride. Awesome group of guys, many of whom I'm proud to call my friends now. You're definitely starting out w a great bunch.

What kind of top end speeds will we be running for most of the tac? I have a wrr and a klx450r. I want to take the klx450 if we'll be under 50 most of the time.

I got the "hill country adventure" ride guide today in the mail, it is really nice.

Thanks Richard!

Also looking forward to camping on the Llano river.

Very new to forum. I have an XT350 1987 that I would love to do either the TAC or TAR.

A great bike for this kind of riding! I had an XT500, early '80s but best dirt bike I ever had was an '85 XR350 street legal. The 350 makes plenty of power for what we do though you'll be hard pressed to stay up with old guys like Lee (Timbercat).:rider: He don't know slow! And guys who never had a kick start bike don't know what they missed.

Yardracer, you may only have a 200, but I bet your riding skills are much more refined than mine :). I just started riding (41 yrs). I started riding when I was 5 and got to ride only about 2 years. From 7-40 nothing to speak of riding wise; now I want to ride again....midlife crisis probably lol. I have been riding my Triumph Tiger 1050 all over Texas and a couple of long distance trips up north but not much dirt thus far. Thank you for the encouragement!

Dude.......I'm 42, got my license last year and my "riding skills" are indeed very "refined"!!!!:rofl: I'm the slowest rider you will find. I'm a bona fide pansy!!!!!
Last year I went to the Roll the Bones Rally in Hamilton.....it took me 2 (TWO) hours to get those 65 miles done!!!!
I am an expert at finding excuses. :rider: I bet you will meet some of the poor people in Junction who've had the (mis)fortune to ride with me but they have the patience of saints!!!!

And don't worry about not knowing anyone.....after the first meet and greet you're head will be full of names and faces.:-P And the ones I've met are all really nice people!!!!

P.S. My husband had the galls to call my bike a midlife crises, too.......:box:

Oopps, my bad.

Riders,

Early registration ends Monday, April 2nd, not Monday, March 19, 2011 as the registration form says.

I have corrected the registration form. My apologies for the error.

So what if I reaaally want to come but I can't get out to Junction until Friday night? It sounded like some people are camping but I was only skimming--state park or somewhere else? It would be me on my XT225 and the boy on his f650 gs Dakar. Sounds like a blast! :flip:

Crazy,

I am emailing the route in .gpx format for the GPS to every rider that registers so they can check it out prior to the event.

For this year's challenge we are riding a clockwise loop from Junction to Del Rio and back to Junction.

Richard, when are you going to send out the files?

I may want to change from the TAC to TAR; not sure about 80/20 street/dirt.

Richard, when are you going to send out the files?

I may want to change from the TAC to TAR; not sure about 80/20 street/dirt.

I attach the TAC route in the email I send to each rider confirming their TAC registration. If you (or anyone) has registered for TAC and not received an email from me confirming your registration with the route attached then a) I didn't receive your registration or b) I couldn't read your email address or c) I dorked up and failed to attach the file.

If you have registered for TAC and haven't received email confirmation from me then i may not have received your registration. If I confirmed your registration but didn't sent you the route, then I dorked up. Either way, please send me with an email letting me know about the oversight.

Rich, I don't know about DBDave, but I will get my stuff in the mail soon. We plan on the TAC. I keep fergettn to get it done, busy, but will soon. Pencil Dave in, I know he plans on heppin.

Hi everybody. New to this forum and just signed up for the TAC. Does anyone know if camping is allowed at the fairgrounds where the banquet is on Sat. night? Thanks for the info.

Richard, I am going to be driving down Friday morning, so what time is the blast off?:flip:

The riders meeting is 7:30 - 8am. Departure is immediately following the riders meeting.

Hi everybody. New to this forum and just signed up for the TAC. Does anyone know if camping is allowed at the fairgrounds where the banquet is on Sat. night? Thanks for the info.

Welcome, BELZ87.

I don't know if camping is available at the Fairgrounds but I suspect not. If you call the Junction Chamber of Commerce they can tell you definitively.

Spoke to Connie at the Junction Chamber of Commerce today about camping at the fairgrounds. She talked to the fairground Mgr and called me back and said it was fine. So Im camping there Thursday night and leaving the truck and trailer there till we get back from the TAC on Sat night. Thats the plan.

Lat, In my short-minded thinking I reserved only Friday and Saturday night for motel accommodations. I assumed camping would be plentiful. Do you know if there's room for a small two-man tent and a Kawasaki Versys in the area? Sorry, no leggy women so far but it's still March. Also, do you mind if I ride along with you? I'm in Dallas (Farmers Br.) just north of the LBJ FUBAR.

Lemme know.

Thanks, Mike

I do have a truck , but we are going two motorcycles if some one have a trailer with room for two bike i put my truck and the gas dodge ram four doors. Leaving from dallas farmers branch or irving

Richard, thanks for the file. Do you have a tracks of the route? The file only has the route. My 60CSx will automatically recalculate when loading the route giving a different route. Even when I recalculate in MapSource the route changes.

What map version did you use to create the route?

Side note: Others do not tell me to turn off auto recalculate. It will not work. Don't go there & hijack the thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back