• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DFW - Grapevine Kawasaki

Reaction score
I tried out Kawasaki West to get my Ninja serviced before I sold it and really wasn't all that happy with them. I decided to try out Grapevine Kawasaki and have had nothing but good experiences with them. They do all the service on my Concours and if I weren't so happy with buying gear from New Enough I'd probably buy all my gear from them too.

They're family owned and have an incredibly friendly staff. The owners are right there to talk to, and their service guys are second to none. I'm buying all my Kawis from them from now on.

They did a tire change/tube replacement for me about two years ago, and they were great. They actually didn't have the tube in stock (not a Kawasaki size) but sent a driver to get one.

I wander if they can program my new FOB. Bought one down here in Houston and the dealer has not had any luck figuring out how to program it. :giveup:

Not sure, when I bought mine the dealer told me that if you lose both fobs, you have to get a whole new KIPASS system which is $$$$. I don't think you can program a fob to work with an existing system.

Here are my two experiences with Grapevine Kawasaki.

1) I bought a used ZX11 from a guy last year. The guy gave me a reciept that showed a "6000 mile service and inspection" which had been done the week before, less than 100 miles before, at Grapevine Kawi.

The clutch and brake fluids were black. The rear tire was dry rotted. The front tire was dry rotted and had a 6 inch crack. Sure, the owner may have opted to not repair. But the bike was INSPECTED. I didn't trust their ability to do the work and so I chose to change the oil over to Amsoil. They had put the oil filter parts back in the wrong order.

2) Fast forward to last month. I'm seriously in the market for a Concours. I went in. I was looking around. A salesman approached. We talked. He's a nice enough guy. I told him to bottom line it for me and give me an OTD price, but I wasn't going to be buying "today" as I just had received the promotion and the new-pay-size check wasn't coming for a few weeks. He went and talked to the manager and came back with, "Come back when you're serious."

I was impressed. Not FAVORABLY, but I was impressed.

Last edited:
I wander if they can program my new FOB. Bought one down here in Houston and the dealer has not had any luck figuring out how to program it. :giveup:

Something about having to have the # off the package the new FOB is wrapped in. There was a long discussion on www.concours.org awhile back. If I remember correctly, if this number that's ONLY ON the package isn't available (and most are unknowningly thrown away) the FOB can't be made to work with the existing Kipass...:giveup:

Found the discussion thread!! http://forum.concours.org/index.php?topic=65201.0

I guess I wasn't so annoyed with Grapevine Kawi that I didn't buy a Connie from them....

They did write that number down inside my owners manual for me.

I've been there a few times in the past couple of months, and I've been mostly impressed. when i first got my bike, it was missing one of the bolts on the handlebars, they replaced it for me free of charge.

Back