• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

bikebandit - Delivery

Reaction score
Ordered 2 Kenda K720 tires yesterday morning
Delivered a day later this evening.

Never would have believed it.
Was not expecting them till Thu of next week.

Now if only the tubes come in tomorrow.

I used to shop at BB quite a bit but seldom find their prices competitive anymore. When I did use them, their shipping was always top notch.

I used to shop at BB quite a bit but seldom find their prices competitive anymore. When I did use them, their shipping was always top notch.

BB is competitive after taking off your 10% AMA discount. But if you buy ahead when they have their frequent sales and offers you'll come out way ahead of anybody else.

Yesterday they had $10 off their $100 gift cards. Then I wait for a good sale, get another 10% off with AMA discount and pay for it with my gift card with another 10% savings built in. Couple that with free shipping and no sales tax equals untouchable savings.

And delivery is always top notch. I ordered a pair of boots once and somehow UPS Ground got them to me the next day. I was shocked. But typical UPS Ground service for them is three days. Order on Monday and you'll receive on Thursday or Friday if their website states in stock. Unless you order late in the day they almost always process the order and get it out same day.

My favorite online ordering site by far. They have the best internal search engine also. Enter any OEM or aftermarket mfg p/n and it will return a linked list for ordering. Their online "chat" customer service is excellent also. Just bummed they cancelled their "Gold Podium" program and dont let you use your AMA discount on tires anymore.

_

I too use BB often. Is that 10% discount for a BB card just for yesterday?

The AMA 10% is the same as the 10% discount if you have Dairyland insurance.

I agree, they are quick and competitively priced.

I too use BB often. Is that 10% discount for a BB card just for yesterday?...

The email I received stated yesterday only but the fine print said good thru 6/3, that might have only been for the other sales on the email though.

Wouldn't hurt to try, code is: DADS-N-GRADS14
I would try it ASAP though for best chance of it working as it is only 7am in CA now and they probably haven't arrived for the day.

_

Too late!

Although I hate getting flooded with emails from most websites, BB is one I stay subscribed to. Often their sales are very limited in duration like this so the only way to fully take advantage.

_

I did get flooded from them.

But now my thoughts of them have changed.
Twice they have sent the wrong tube.

I am not even going to bother with trying to get the right one from them any more.

That's my experience dealing with online. When everything runs smoothly, it's great. But if there's a problem, then it's your worst nightmare. I think they intentionally make it return process difficult because they know you're attracted to their rock bottom prices and will always come back for more punishment.

Aging thread... Sorry. But here's my tale of woe:

BikeBandit broke me of the habit of using them over an o'ring. A few years back I had my CX in pieces and ordered a dozen or more items needed to put it back together. One of the items was an o'ring in which they had three different part numbers for. As my luck goes, I picked the one they didn't have and that held up the whole order. As a side note, at the time I had several projects working simultaneously and needed to get the CX together and out of the way.

So, I called up their customer service to have them sub one of the other part numbers and get the order shipped my way. They ended up cancelling the one o'ring and released the order, then placed a new order for the subbed o'ring and charged me their flat rate shipping which was $8 IIRC. The o'ring was $.30 or so. "We can't do substitutions once an order is placed"

When I asked about the shipping on the second order, the person on the phone said flat rate shipping would apply and that was their policy. I explained that this $8 flat shipping would loose them my business and anyone else I would talk to. "I understand, but that's our policy".

Why did I order it with the flat shipping? That was the one item I could not find elsewhere at the time. Horrible business model. To rub salt in a wound, they sent it in an envelope via USPS.

I have no idea what they do these days, nor care. It's only $8 bucks I realize, but that was the last $8 they'll ever see from me. The principle of the issue is what torqued me off.

Back