• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

RIDE TO EAT: Septembers Meet n Greet n Eat...with A Ride on the Side 9/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I plan to be there.

K.S., where are you camping?

Tom (DFW Tom) brought up camping at Cleburne state park anyone interested? I can be there Saturday evening. Might be able to take off work a hour or so earlier and arrive at a decent time. Love to meet some more new TWT people. Easier to visit sometimes at camp instead of at lunch. More time to get around and say "Hi" to everyone. So anyone brave enough to hang with Tom and me?

FWIW, talked to the Park office this AM. Was told they do not charge the excess parking fee on motorcycles and they allow however many tents will fit on each $16 tent site, but max. 8 people per site.
It has been too many years since I've camped there to recall the size of each tent camping site, but suspect there's room for several.

Now that KP has guaranteed Fall like weather I'm looking forward to some camping again.

It's been a few years for me too, Tom, but I recollect the sites are pretty roomy and spread out, as typical in state parks. I doubt you'll have any issue getting at least 3 to a site - usually you can put 2 tents side by side on the pad.

Drew, I do plan to be at this M/G. But since it's only 40 minutes from the house, I'll camp with my wife under the A/C. Hats off to all of you who are tough enough to brave the heat in a tent.

i will try to make it also if offroad plans dont get in the way .maybe i can hook up with MR KTM doug and follow his 1 wheel peel to cleburne LOL hope too make it thanks for the invite K S P see ya tony d :eat::eat::eat:

I am in, again embarrassing not to go to the one 22 miles from the house. Maybe I can show you the back way to Glen Rose and on to other places. I have a pretty good loop or two to play on over here.

Mr. 1290 Super Duke R is ready to go...

IMG_2155.jpg

Hey Doug, I might meet you and ride the 22 miles. what time are you leaving?

Sorry I have to miss this one. I'll be in Turkey (Istanbul) meeting Princess's bloodline (I.e. parents and sisters). Kinda sad I cant bring the bike because from the looks of it there is some great sight seeing and riding through the country. Anyone need anything from the other side of the globe while I'm there?

Oh on the state park motorcycle over vehicle fee issue... We have our very own WhiskeySmith to thank for that. :rider:

Drew, I think I can make this one,(not a big chance of getting rained out on this one). I'll also be packing the tent, your tent! Thanks for putting this together.:eat:

In!

I've got one tent site reserved at Cleburne SP for Saturday (the 13th) night. As many as will (legally) fit are welcome to set up camp with me.

As always, thanks to KP for hosting this event.

In!

I've got one tent site reserved at Cleburne SP for Saturday (the 13th) night. As many as will (legally) fit are welcome to set up camp with me.

As always, thanks to KP for hosting this event.

I also have reserved a tent site for Saturday so should be plenty of room for a bunch of tents on the two sites. Requested a site with water/electric at Cedar Grove loop (next to the lake) but they can't promise specific sites until check-in. At $16 per tent site, split however many ways, the cost for camping should be fairly low.

If anyone would like to share a tent site, or is pulling in a camper, post the info here so we can keep track of the numbers. Hope to see many of you there and at the M&G&E.

Sorry I have to miss this one. I'll be in Turkey (Istanbul) meeting Princess's bloodline (I.e. parents and sisters). Kinda sad I cant bring the bike because from the looks of it there is some great sight seeing and riding through the country. Anyone need anything from the other side of the globe while I'm there?

Ever watch Midnight Express?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midnight_Express_(film)

If your willing to chance it, yes we need something from the other side, lol.

Count me in on this one as it is less than 10 miles from my house :trust: !

Any others signed up for grub interested in camping? Four so far any other takers? Could be fun we could have dinner together and just hang out and tell fibs about how good of riders we all are.

I want to, but I may be on call. I may have to cover for one of my co-workers. If not I will be there. I plan to come to lunch, I live close enough to cover any calls. :)

I also have reserved a tent site for Saturday so should be plenty of room for a bunch of tents on the two sites. Requested a site with water/electric at Cedar Grove loop (next to the lake) but they can't promise specific sites until check-in. At $16 per tent site, split however many ways, the cost for camping should be fairly low.

If anyone would like to share a tent site, or is pulling in a camper, post the info here so we can keep track of the numbers. Hope to see many of you there and at the M&G&E.

I think that my reservation is also for the Cedar Grove area of the park. Would love to have more than two moto-campers on at least one of our sites so that we can put the new, (lack of) excess motorbike parking fees claim to the test. To that end, if you are assigned to one of our sites, camping on a motorbike, and get charged the excess vehicle fee, I'll cover that fee for you.

K~P, I'm in for the M&G :eat:and will be camping Sat. nite. See ya'll up there. :rider:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back