• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Best place for tires in Austin/Round Rock

bugg77

Reaction score
I'm looking to upgrade my tires and wondered where folks go around Austin/Round Rock to get new tires or to get tires installed?

I'm looking to possibly put a set of Heidenau K60s on my G650GS. I can save a good deal of money buying the tires myself but I'd prefer to have someone else install them. Will anyone do that if I have the tires shipped right to them?

Im not familiar with that bike but if there tubeless tires i can do them...i take them to Discount tire...they normally arent allowed to do them but im good friends with the manager...you have to come to Brenham though...

Whatever you do, DO NOT GO TO CYCLEGEAR to get tires put on. There's too many bad stories on the interwebs. I know a guy in So Austin that does them at his home, does a real good job. He can do it mobile too but charges extra. Any motorcycle shop can but some will charge you quite a bit.

Whatever you do, DO NOT GO TO CYCLEGEAR to get tires put on. There's too many bad stories on the interwebs. I know a guy in So Austin that does them at his home, does a real good job. He can do it mobile too but charges extra. Any motorcycle shop can but some will charge you quite a bit.

Yep and many/most will have you looking for some more air when you re-mount them on the bike. :trust:

Thanks! I found a guy in Leander that I'll try. But I'll keep you in mind.

Willie at Out of Balance installed my tires this weekend and it was a pleasure to meet him. He has a lifetime of experience working on bikes, and currently works out of his garage in Leander just West of Crystal Falls and Baghdad. $25/tire professionally installed with a No-Mar, and Willie is meticulous about the balancing! Highly recommended! Nice to have someone out this way.

Just wait with the waxing of your wheels until after the tires are installed...:doh:

Willie at Out of Balance installed my tires this weekend and it was a pleasure to meet him. He has a lifetime of experience working on bikes, and currently works out of his garage in Leander just West of Crystal Falls and Baghdad. $25/tire professionally installed with a No-Mar, and Willie is meticulous about the balancing! Highly recommended! Nice to have someone out this way.

Just wait with the waxing of your wheels until after the tires are installed...:doh:
Do you have a contact number for this Willie? I've been searching but haven't found the slightest mention of that business name.

Shawn's cycle by the old TJ's has similar price and large amount of stock in the shop too. Very good prices.

Cool, thanks for the fast response! I'll give him a shout, I've got some D606's that are handful at speed.

I'm giving Cuznbob a shot next time. He just opened, but I am very familiar with his work while at LSBMW.

Central Texas Powersports in G'town installs and balance for $26 wheel off the bike.

Very reasonable price from a dealer's shop.. I usually do mine myself, but it can be a time consuming process without the right tools.. Will have to consider this or Willie next time I am due for a change..

I see Cuznbob is advertising $20/wheeloff the bike (mount and balance).

Willie fixed me up last night, thanks AustinRT. He earned every penny getting that Dunlop on the back rim. You're right, he's meticulous making sure to take care of your rim.

Good to hear! It's nice he's close, I try not to stray south of 45 unless I have to. ;-)

Hope you can join our NW Austin ride again when it warms up!

Shawn's cycle by the old TJ's has similar price and large amount of stock in the shop too. Very good prices.

Where's his shop at Vinny?

If it's where TJ used to be, I saw "walker tire" written on the bldg.

Where's his shop at Vinny?

If it's where TJ used to be, I saw "walker tire" written on the bldg.

No. It's around the corner from old TJ's. . Next to Limey Cycles in a small strip mall. Behind Corner Shoppe.

917 Old Koenig Ln

Hope that helps. Tell him I sent you.

Back