• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Shout out

Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Shelfer
I'm in New Braunfels for a few days of meeting up with old friends, and a little hill country time. Coming into town last night, I noticed a disturbing metallic noise, but couldn't isolate it. This morning, I found the nearest dealership, which happened to be Kent Motorsports on I-35 in NB.

The service manager came out, popped the bike on its center stand (which is what I should have done last night), spun the wheel, and voila - a bolt had come out of the chain guard, which was now dragging on the top of the chain. He also noticed the wheel was misaligned by one notch - which is on me, since I mounted the real wheel myself 2 weeks ago, & didn't check. The price for the bolt, their time, and my piece of mind - a handshake.

Traveling motorists are easy targets for a quick $200 labor charge. So when somebody helps me out and doesn't charge a dime, I think they deserve a shout-out.

So, thanks Kent Motorsports of New Braunfels.

Let me guess it was the rear chainguard bolt? I posted on the V-Strom thread that my bolt came out with a photo and within a couple hrs two others posted they had the exact same bolt come off on their bike also.

Thanks for posting your great dealer service experience at Kent Motorsports. Too often we only get to read about the problems. A single negative report can unfairly malign a dealer even if they have hundreds of otherwise satisfied and happy customers.

_

Loctite blue, it's not just for KLRs anymore.

Thanks for sharing the good.

It would be the rear aright, SB. They're in New Braunfels, southbound on 35, at Post Rd. That's about Exit 190, toward the north end of town. I don't know how good their overall service is, but any dealer who helps out a distressed traveler and passes on an easy and frankly fair $50 for a half hour's labor deserves a nod.

Good to hear a positive about a dealership. Thanks

It would be the rear aright, SB. They're in New Braunfels, southbound on 35, at Post Rd. That's about Exit 190, toward the north end of town. I don't know how good their overall service is, but any dealer who helps out a distressed traveler and passes on an easy and frankly fair $50 for a half hour's labor deserves a nod.

+1

Back