• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Weekly Joe Fink Memorial BBQ lunch

Ride on up Jfink it will be fun...

Sent from my SCH-I545PP using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'm in, breakfast in Houston... maybe we can find some dirt to ride in downtown Houston.

Up until recently, downtown Houston actually did have some "dirt" (oyster shell & gravel) roads. They were about 18 blocks east of the Toyota center, in an old forgotten corner of industrial no mans land. I would always marvel at how we hardly had a gravel road left in all of Harris County, yet here were a handful right on the very apron of downtown proper.

Small in number but great food and conversation. Pretty good ride afterwards and even better weather!

Attachments

• highres_459738804.jpg
    highres_459738804.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 165
  • highres_459738853.jpg
    highres_459738853.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 157
Very good ride today thanks to everyone who attended Terry,woodsguy, P.Kiser, Glenn And great BBQ.

Last edited:
Enjoyed lunch with everyone today. We had all the worlds problems solved and as soon as I got home and got off the motorcycle... :eek2:

Enjoyed lunch with everyone today. We had all the worlds problems solved and as soon as I got home and got off the motorcycle... :eek2:

Sorry I missed it. By the time I got home it was about 12:30p and it was still another 45min to Madisonville. I am going to have to go looking for those dirt roads in downtown Houston. It would be a very different kind of adventure.

Weather looks good Thursday and Friday. Bueller... Bueller :zen:

I am definitely riding somewhere Thursday on the street. My ride in the SHNF trails got cancelled due to closed trails. Any suggestions????

OK, think I'm leaving out about 9:30 from the Shell at 2920 and 2978 in Tomball and take a ride up some paved backroads up around Montgomery then work my way over to Navasota to eat lunch. Thinking I'll eat at the Wranglers Steak House buffet just north of 105 bypass N and hwy 6 intersection, just behind the McDonalds about 11:30 or so.

Wrangler's Steak House
8731 Hwy 6 loop
Navasota, Tx 77868-3276
936-870-3401

Any Takers?

Last edited:
Larry I'm a possible. Let me see how much work I get done today and will post again this evening.

_

Larry I'm a possible. Let me see how much work I get done today and will post again this evening.

_

Alright, SilverBullet, no more of those 4 LETTER words (work) will be allowed on this ride posting.

I am definitely riding somewhere Thursday on the street. My ride in the SHNF trails got cancelled due to closed trails. Any suggestions????

OK, think I'm leaving out about 9:30 from the Shell at 2920 and 2978 in Tomball and take a ride up some paved backroads up around Montgomery then work my way over to Navasota to eat lunch. Thinking I'll eat at the Wranglers Steak House buffet just north of 105 bypass N and hwy 6 intersection, just behind the McDonalds about 11:30 or so.

Wrangler's Steak House
8731 Hwy 6 loop
Navasota, Tx 77868-3276
936-870-3401

Any Takers?

I can't do Thursday due to that 4 letter word everyone is so fond of around here, but I am going on a street ride on Friday. You should come and see what you caused first hand!

I can't do Thursday due to that 4 letter word everyone is so fond of around here, but I am going on a street ride on Friday. You should come and see what you caused first hand!

I have to "W-O-R-K" Friday William or I would, and see you bought a Ducati Hypermotard. Sad to say I traded mine off for a 08 KTM 990R Superduke. Just couldn't resist the urge to get another KTM......

Last edited:
Today wasn't productive enough so looks like I'll have to pass. Slight chance I might be able to make a beeline to lunch and back but will be a last second call.

Like Joe has said before...I'm "In" if you see me there. Lol

_

Am out tomorrow friend having double amputations above knees. Have fun for me all.

Wrangler is closed. Heading to Mallet Bros BBQ just South of here.

Good time riding to Navasota for lunch

[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Attachments

• IMG_2460.jpg
    IMG_2460.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_2461.jpg
    IMG_2461.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_2462.jpg
    IMG_2462.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_2451.jpg
    IMG_2451.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 164
Lunch in Navasota with the dudes

Well got there and Wranglers was closed for remodeling so we ended up at a BBQ place just up hwy 6 from there. Good to see the dudes. Had a good ride up there through all the twisty back roads up around Montgomery but ran into a road closed sign on 3090, bummer for sure, would have made the ride that much better. I'm likin' my new to me ride 08 KTM 990R Superduke for sure, love the way this bike handles and power is always there waiting for me. Hope we put some more of these lunch bunch crunch rides together in the future, nice day to be out of the office and on a bike.,.....

[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Attachments

• IMG_2464.jpg
    IMG_2464.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_2465.jpg
    IMG_2465.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_2466.jpg
    IMG_2466.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_2467.jpg
    IMG_2467.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 156
Enjoyed the ride, food, and visit, thanks for organizing.

Enjoyed the ride, food, and visit, thanks for organizing.

Well Rob, that was strike 2 for you. You didn't make the first ride to Wranglers and now it was closed when they heard you were coming they decided to remodel just for you. We're gonna get you there someday, I promise......

I'm thinking of heading up to Montgomery for lunch at the Magnolia Diner at 11:30am on hwy 105 just east of Montgomery, TX. If you got a street ride come on it, or just show up in what ever you got. Hope you can join me for lunch.

Looks like Friday's weather isn't going to be too bad. Know Rob is probably working today but thought it might be a nice day for a little street bike ride to lunch.

Let me know if you can make it, I'll hold a place at the table for you.

Larry

Last edited:
Back