• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New to this Forum from Austin

bcblvd

Reaction score
First Name
doug
Greetings All,
I just found this forum. I have updated my info in the User CP, and think it is current
My name is doug, I ride a blue and black 2005 Suzuki C90, and just started riding recently after nearly 30 yrs without a bike. Last bike was a 1976 Yamaha RD-250 - whew that was a long time ago.
Back then, I tooled all around 'Big D' and thru East Texas, often rode MX or dirtbikes back at Rabbit Run MX track - for anyone old enough to remember those days. Had a 1969 Suzuki 120 back in about 1974, too!
Things have changed A LOT:uhoh:
I have taken the MSF Safety course, as I think most people should for survival on the streets nowadays.
I am eager to spend some time taking longer trips on my bike soon, but fornow, I commute to work on it fromtime to time:roll:
If anyone wants a ride partner in South Austin, look me up - PM me or whatever you do - and Thanks for the Forum

Welcome aboard. Check the events section, there is an area for Austin. We have a weekly bike night at Mings Cafe near the campus. Then theres something about pie runs that come up every month. ;)

Theres also a friendly group of folks on a local meetup board. They seem pretty active. http://motorcycle.meetup.com/2/boards/

Look forward to meeting you.

My name is doug, and just started riding recently after nearly 30 yrs without a bike.

Hello Doug, and welcome

There are a few of us here is the same situation and its great to be back riding again. I can remember when bikes were cheap transportation and a lot of fun. Well, they're still a lot of fun. There is a pie run in kyle Saturday you might want to checkout.

Rick

Man, anything with 'pie-run' in the name sounds interesting:trust: but I have to do some spiffing on the bike - ie, just got some more chrome to add on tomorrow morning.
I should make the next run for sure!
thanks for the info,
doug

Back