• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hi from Amarillo

Blooze

Reaction score
Howdy Ya'll!! Moved to Amarillo about 3 years ago from SW Ks and am loving it. I've lurked a while here on the boards and just wanted to to announce myself. Got back into riding after a 13 year layoff back in May with my new Vulcan and just can't believe I ever quit. Never done a group ride unless you count riding with my brother and Dad. Finally took her for the first trip last weekend back to Ks to show my Dad the new bike. About 800 miles over several days and finally hit the 2500 mile mark -- boy were they hot (which will lead me to post a question about oil here shortly:eek2: )

100_2310.jpg

Welcome. I was in Amarillo this evening. The Southern Cruisers are riding from I-40 and Lakeside (the motel lot) leaving at 6:30 tomorrow (Friday) to ride to Panhandle for supper. Join them if you like. I will probably meet them in Panhandle as I live in Pampa. Lots of good riding around the area.:eat:

Welcome. I was in Amarillo this evening. The Southern Cruisers are riding from I-40 and Lakeside (the motel lot) leaving at 6:30 tomorrow (Friday) to ride to Panhandle for supper. Join them if you like. I will probably meet them in Panhandle as I live in Pampa. Lots of good riding around the area.:eat:

There was a large group of riders in Panhandle last Sat. morning around 10:30 or so when I went through heading to KS.

6:30, I wish. I'm usually not out of work till more like 7:30-8. Really limits the riding let me tell you, but thanks for the heads up and invite.

Holler if you want to ride. Feel free to show up late in Panhandle and ride back with the group. I teach the MSF classes in Amarillo, so am usually there on weekends.

Holler if you want to ride. Feel free to show up late in Panhandle and ride back with the group. I teach the MSF classes in Amarillo, so am usually there on weekends.

I took the MSF class in May as a refresher before buying my bike. Dave and Paul were my instructors if I remember right.

Great-they have been working for me for several years. All my instructors are first rate!!
I hope to get to meet you soon.
Ride safe!:wave:

:welcome:

Welcome to the area Blooze. I hail from Fritch, about 45 miles north of you. Have lots of twisty routes to share; when you have time drop me a PM and I'll get some to you with MS Streets & Trips. There are a whole lot of twisty roads in the Panhandle if you know where to look. :rider:

Valker, how ya been? Tell me more about this "Southern Cruisers" group. Since I quit writing the newsletter for the PDR, there doesn't seem to be many folks who want to ride anymore.

:welcome:

Welcome to the area Blooze. I hail from Fritch, about 45 miles north of you. Have lots of twisty routes to share; when you have time drop me a PM and I'll get some to you with MS Streets & Trips. There are a whole lot of twisty roads in the Panhandle if you know where to look. :rider:

Valker, how ya been? Tell me more about this "Southern Cruisers" group. Since I quit writing the newsletter for the PDR, there doesn't seem to be many folks who want to ride anymore.
Here, Kevin. I tried to send this to your email, but I must have an old addy.
Kevin, here is the contact person for the ride info. They are a friendly group. I do not get to ride with them nearly enough. I think they are changing the Panhandle ride to next Friday.
cmerriott@suddenlink.net
Eric

howdy from armadilla!!!

We may have enough panhandle riders on this board to get an actual meet and greet together.

Welcome.

A friend and I will be pulling into Amarillo next Saturday (9/1) for the evening, on our way to Yellowstone and the Badlands.

-

Hey Blooze, I know this is sort of short notice, but the Southern Cruisers are meeting at the Buffalo Grass on Main St. in Panhandle this afternoon around 5:00

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20514

It's my little girls birthday this weekend so my afternoons and evenings are spoken for.

Thanks for the invite.

To be honest, I've never rode with anyone besides my brother or Dad really. Maybe a friend here and there back in the day, but never a group. Makes me kinda nervous thinking about it actually.

Back