• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

And now for something a little different... Tx Mini GP!!

AMA pro rider Ryan Andrews at Katy and he's going really fast on a grom.

ryanandrews_zps4ce471ab.jpg

You're right, it is a nice pic, but I didn't take it. I think Giles R. took it.

^^ how has this been going so far this season gents? Waiting patiently for my insurance to kick in and tuning up the XR for some kart track bombing lol

Good turn out for the first race. 5 new riders in rider's school and several new racer from other organizations. Pics by Scott Giarratano.

Grown men, women and kids in this race.
TMGPRd1Sprints1079.jpg

The chicane
TMGPRd1Sprints1052.jpg

Scott's boy and Walter's boy.
TMGPRd1Sprints975.jpg

Darin's boy
TMGPRd1Sprints971.jpg

Post up when you guys head out there for races or practice. I'd like to check it out if I don't have other stuff going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Next race is April 5th and 6th at Katy. Saturday is a 4 hour endurance race and Sunday will have around 22 sprint races.

You would have it on SX weekend : lol2:
What does the Sunday schedule look like. I have work until after lunch, but may swing by and watch a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sprints Sunday start around 11am with practice beforehand and the sprints should run till around 4 or 5ish

Bumping this thread, anyone still practice out at Katy? I am looking to pull the trigger on a membership

Yes, There are 8 to 10 motorcycle folks that practice from time to time. I can tell you a couple of places to post and monitor to coordinate with them.

oh man that would be great please shoot me a PM. I sent the GCK people an email and never heard back from them asking for some more information. I may have to pick up the phone and give a call.

Hahaha. Understandable. Maybe next time. She could come corner work for her birthday as well. :)

Last race of 2014 Nov 15/16 in Katy Texas sprints on Saturday 3hr endurance on Sunday.

This thread popped up in a Google search and boy is it a trip down memory lane. It's not THAT long ago but there's some kiddos in these pics that are nice young adults now and some fully grown. And a few fellas I see who have kept getting better and better with age!

Back