• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

december 2014 pie run reports

Reaction score
First Name
Leon
Last Name
Hogan
great turn out today despite it being a gloomy chilly day.
I ran out of fingers and toes quickly trying to count folks:lol2:

342 miles total for the day

It was a great day for a ride. Good to see old and new friends.

Chilly ride down but nice anyway. At least until my bike decided to quit running on one cylinder between Palestine and Crockett. Limped it on into town and enjoyed a burger and apple pie at the Moosehead. Nice seeing all the bikes there.

Called my son while I was waiting on my food and he went to my house and got my truck and trailer and started south. Robin and I headed north after lunch and met up with him in Palestine. Loaded the bike on the trailer and brought it back to Terrell. Guess I will be out looking for why the cylinder shut down. Still I ended up with 199 miles on the bike before I put it on the trailer.

At least the trip from Palestine back to Terrell was warmer for me in the truck. Robin got to stay in the chill riding her bike back home.

Sorry I missed most the group, but was able to hook up with the Clear Lake group. My GPS said we would arrive at the Moosehead Cafe at 11:20a but apparently me and Mr. Screw had an appointment that I had forgotten about. :doh:

screwed.jpg

Nice ride today with the Pie Man and Tossing Lead. I had 376 miles for the day on the Two Wheeled Accord.

Accordingly so....
Wish I coulda been there... But we had a good family day here though..
Gonna squeez in a ride tomorro instead

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Sorry I missed most the group, but was able to hook up with the Clear Lake group. My GPS said we would arrive at the Moosehead Cafe at 11:20a but apparently me and Mr. Screw had an appointment that I had forgotten about. :doh:

screwed.jpg

Ah man, sorry to hear about your run in with Mr. Screw. That's no fun. Sounds like you got it fixed though.

Another fun day with TWT. Left home this morning at 7 a.m. and went to gas up.

DSC00035-M.jpg

It was a bit chilly and dark. This picture looks like I felt this morning – a bit blurry and out of focus - but it soon got better and was a great day.

FILE2245-M.jpg

Slabbed it to Canton then turned towards Ben Wheeler and Edom.

DSC00036-M.jpg

DSC00037-M.jpg

DSC00038-M.jpg

It was a bit wet and foggy early on

FILE2261-M.jpg

FILE2276-M.jpg

Soon caught up with the guys from Tyler. It was great talking later and learning about some great new roads to ride in east Texas – thanks guys!

FILE2307-M.jpg

FILE2332-M.jpg

Always fun seeing everyone and their bikes

DSC00042-M.jpg

DSC00041-M.jpg

DSC00045-M.jpg

DSC00047-M.jpg

Way cool old school

DSC00048-M.jpg

DSC00062-M.jpg

Lots of bikes today

DSC00050-M.jpg

DSC00052-M.jpg

DSC00051-M.jpg

DSC00053-M.jpg

DSC00055-M.jpg

DSC00057-M.jpg

DSC00060-M.jpg

Had lunch with the guys from Tyler and Rsquared from Tomball, but of course I didn't get any pictures. Nice meeting all of you today.

With a couple of detours on the way home ended up with 441 on the odometer and fun memories.

Full house at The Moosehead Cafe, service was Great and was a good ride. Saw some good friends and met a few more, good time on my first TWT pie run. Breakfast was great, Next time I will have to try the pie

3f00c355f8d643ca2cae2c04fce9bc3a.jpg

Met some new people(anyone know if the older couple on the sidecar rigs are TWTexans?) and got to see lots of old friends. Thanks to AlanP for riding down with me from Palestine. We got up to 58 mph on one long downhill and I passed my first car on the R26 :rider:

Neat old Bike, should take it to the salt flats

Met some new people(anyone know if the older couple on the sidecar rigs are TWTexans?) and got to see lots of old friends. Thanks to AlanP for riding down with me from Palestine. We got up to 58 mph on one long downhill and I passed my first car on the R26 :rider:

Met some new people(anyone know if the older couple on the sidecar rigs are TWTexans?)

that's a good question, I think they may be TWLousianans, they are regulars to the December Crockett run , I have seen them there a few times if my fractured memory serves me.

Met some new people(anyone know if the older couple on the sidecar rigs are TWTexans?).... We got up to 58 mph on one long downhill and I passed my first car on the R26 :rider:

Mighty nice R26 :rider::

get-photo.asp

Avanell and J.R. live in the Crockett area - that is, when they're not traveling around the U.S.A. & Canada in the motorhome with the sidecar rigs in tow. Avanell is now 80+
get-photo.asp

get-photo.asp

and she was an inspiration for Mrs. SwampFox wanting her own sidecar rig:

get-photo.asp

J.R. is the Secretary and Texas respresentative for the United Sidecar Association:

get-photo.asp

J.R. & Avanell are not TWTexans as far as I know, but are extended an invitation to the Moosehead every year. They are well known throughout the sidecar universe as the masters of sidecar games, as offcially recognized at the recent Uncertain?Rendezvous 2014:

get-photo.asp

...and she was an inspiration for Mrs. SwampFox wanting her own sidecar rig:

get-photo.asp

Wow what a great side bar story here. Those two are now my inspiration as well. Not for sidecar rigs but for aging, living, loving, riding and life in general. A very big two :thumb::thumb:'s up!

...never slow down, never grow old!...

_

Yeah SB, I second that emotion!

Met Avanell and the Mister at the Rich Mtn Rendezvous year before last. Was an inspiration to talk with her.

:rider:

Soon caught up with the guys from Tyler. It was great talking later and learning about some great new roads to ride in east Texas – thanks guys!

FILE2307-M.jpg

FILE2332-M.jpg

Had lunch with the guys from Tyler and Rsquared from Tomball, but of course I didn't get any pictures. Nice meeting all of you today.

With a couple of detours on the way home ended up with 441 on the odometer and fun memories.

Glad to have you along on our run down FM315.

Back