• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HB2470 / HB3838 "Malories Law" - Foot Pegs and Grab Handles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put them on for inspection, then take 'em back off. I doubt there are a lot of LEOs out there looking for footpeg violations.

I could not care less about that. **** I am the inspector, but that still doesn't make the bike legal on the road. What about people who have tossed/sold/destroyed the pegs or mounting locations?

I could not care less about that. **** I am the inspector, but that still doesn't make the bike legal on the road. What about people who have tossed/sold/destroyed the pegs or mounting locations?

So you are my new bike inspector?

A glaring headlight is already illegal.
As of 3/15/90 headlight aim is no longer required (per txdps website). So its a legal grey area. Can you be cited, yes... Can you fail an inspection, no. Anyone receive a headlight aim or HID in halogen housing ticket in the last 10 years on here?

Edit: its also illegal to run those LED light bars you see on trucks, jeeps and some adv motorcycles... Anyone get a ticket for those lately?

Yes, no, kind of.

Nothing official other than hearing what the instructor told those getting certified.

Was he lying? Mistaken? Off track? Or informed as to upcoming changes? Only time will tell

Soooo.... what all might be changing? You've manged to bring it up 10 or so times now so it must be just amazing, but somehow you won't ever say what it is.:rofl: Attention much?:lol2:

As of 3/15/90 headlight aim is no longer required (per txdps website). So its a legal grey area. Can you be cited, yes... Can you fail an inspection, no. Anyone receive a headlight aim or HID in halogen housing ticket in the last 10 years on here?

Edit: its also illegal to run those LED light bars you see on trucks, jeeps and some adv motorcycles... Anyone get a ticket for those lately?

I've failed them for meeting one of these... often

20.16 (6):

b. Lamp is improperly connected and does not light the proper filament for different switch positions. When dual beam headlamps are using a single style HID

d. Lamp is not of a type meeting Department standards.

g. Lamp fails to function properly in any manner. Poorly illuminates the road and glares at oncoming drivers.

t. There is physical damage that would obviously cause a headlight beam to fail to illuminate the roadway ahead of the vehicle sufficiently. System damaged by the use of the wrong replacement bulb/type. Most of the HID in halogen cases that are glaring also fail to illuminate the road much if at all.

Soooo.... what all might be changing? You've manged to bring it up 10 or so times now so it must be just amazing, but somehow you won't ever say what it is.:rofl: Attention much?:lol2:

I apologize I thought it obvious.. We are discussing HB3838 and what those new requirements are.
I figured anyone actually paying attention and not just out to make troll responses would understand the changes I was speaking of were related to the state inspection and HB3838 requirements.

Attention? No, just adult discussion...try it, it's education and fun.

I apologize I thought it obvious.. We are discussing HB3838 and what those new requirements are.
I figured anyone actually paying attention and not just out to make troll responses would understand the changes I was speaking of were related to the state inspection and HB3838 requirements.

Attention? No, just adult discussion...try it, it's education and fun.

You said there were changes coming to the inspection process but won't say what you heard. So what changes were they taking about? You know, the ones only time will tell if they actually happen. You seem to know EVERYTHING about the inspection process and are quite rude at times while berating folks about it, so spill the beans already. Or just quit talking about it. And if you can't take someone calling you out on being rude and appearing like a know it all, then give your posts a re-read before hitting the magic button. We all know you're passionate about the inspection process... Yeah we get it. But you seriously come across as an arrogant know it all when you post about it.

See... Clear as mud from the guy that knows EVERYTHING about inspections and never fails to tell us about it.:lol2:

Changes coming, but not at the inspection station YET

Notes and conversations at a state inspector class..
So nothing definitive, just, changes are coming.

Not the sticker issue .. I think he was asking about the inspection items checked changing..

Yes, no, kind of.

Nothing official other than hearing what the instructor told those getting certified.

Was he lying? Mistaken? Off track? Or informed as to upcoming changes? Only time will tell

The norm (as I understand it) is for DPS to make administrative changes to inspection procedure to mirror the transportation code. I foresee the addition of an inspection item "footrests and handholds" on motorcycles originally designed to carry two persons.

You said there were changes coming to the inspection process but won't say what you heard. So what changes were they taking about? You know, the ones only time will tell if they actually happen. You seem to know EVERYTHING about the inspection process and are quite rude at times while berating folks about it, so spill the beans already. Or just quit talking about it. And if you can't take someone calling you out on being rude and appearing like a know it all, then give your posts a re-read before hitting the magic button. We all know you're passionate about the inspection process... Yeah we get it. But you seriously come across as an arrogant know it all when you post about it.

See... Clear as mud from the guy that knows EVERYTHING about inspections and never fails to tell us about it.:lol2:

Did you have any thing useful to add to the thread? or just going to make troll posts in an attempt to get a rise :giveup:

Last edited:
Did you have any thing useful to add to the thread? or just going to make troll posts in an attempt to get a rise :giveup:

I asked you what changes you heard were coming. Could you enlighten us to your inside information? You didn't answer and then started name calling while claiming you were having an adult conversation. Wow, I'm impressed with the amount of hypocrisy.

So, answer my question and there you have it. What changes did they say are coming to the inspection process? Here, one more time just in case. What changes did you hear in your meeting are coming to the inspection process? Only time will tell if you can provide a real answer.

Jumping in late to the game and not meaning to troll but, are we not making this more of an issue than it really is? Aside from "more laws", "government control" etc etc...

NSA, this post is just for you.

Jumping in late to the game and not meaning to troll but, are we not making this more of an issue than it really is? Aside from "more laws", "government control" etc etc...

NSA, this post is just for you.

That's kind of what I am thinking as well. As I read it, this will most likely go down as yet another law that gets ignored at every level. Already most inspection stations I've visited don't check half the things they are supposed to. Sure, more useless laws are never a good thing but there are bigger things for me to get riled up about. How about making suppressors a non-NFA item? For me that is a bigger issue than footpegs on a motorbike.

My prediction is, most cops won't know about it or care about it. And it won't be a ticket unless you get in trouble for something else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I asked you what changes you heard were coming. Could you enlighten us to your inside information? You didn't answer and then started name calling while claiming you were having an adult conversation. Wow, I'm impressed with the amount of hypocrisy.

So, answer my question and there you have it. What changes did they say are coming to the inspection process? Here, one more time just in case. What changes did you hear in your meeting are coming to the inspection process? Only time will tell if you can provide a real answer.

I'm simply astounded at your lack of reading comprehension.. I''l leave it at that.

Have a good night.. I'll leave this thread to you. :giveup:

Malorie's law was passed two years ago. We vigorously debated it them and while I appreciate the changes might just now come to light, let's put this one to bed.

New Texas Motorcycle Law Requires Passenger Hand Holds

I know this is the parts market but I wanted everyone to see it, it may save them a ticket of up to 500.00 if riding through Texas.

New Texas Motorcycle Law Requires Passenger Hand Holds

maybe someone can move it to where it will get the most attention

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back