• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Considering PCV and custom tune

In post #10 you said it ran better with the Supertune

In post #18 you said it ran better without the Supertune

OK answer me this, even with stage 2 my 1250 doesn't seem entirely happy below 3K in anything other than 1st, maybe 2nd gear. Has anyone else noticed this and were you able to tune it out? I'm talking about a grumbling deep within the engine that makes no sense to me looking at the stock dyno chart. From 2K up there's a wave of torque but the engine doesn't really smooth out until you clear 3K. My ZX14 did the same thing.

Have you synced the throttle bodies?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK answer me this, even with stage 2 my 1250 doesn't seem entirely happy below 3K in anything other than 1st, maybe 2nd gear. Has anyone else noticed this and were you able to tune it out? I'm talking about a grumbling deep within the engine that makes no sense to me looking at the stock dyno chart. From 2K up there's a wave of torque but the engine doesn't really smooth out until you clear 3K. My ZX14 did the same thing.

Yes. Mine is perfectly smooth from idle through the rev range in any gear, not that I'm below 2k except from a stop. It pulls cleanly from 2k up in any gear. Since you have a stage 2 call Dale and ask him - his help comes with his products.

I put the dyno tune on hold after reading so much about how Dale pretty much has it as good as you can get it. Given that the bike is in such a mild state of tune I'm questioning if it's worth $550 to have someone screw with the ignition and other parameters especially when Dale has already done the work.

Plus I already have my 2nd's out and full stage 2 installed.

I assume you are holding on to the Supertune Pro then. If not, I am interested. Don't think my PM's were getting thru

I rode my bike stock and stage 2 with his slip on. Bike ran great with stage 2 with slip on and stock downpipe. Later I added a BlackWidow race downpipe and adjusted the SuperTuner following Dale’s recommendation. Bike ran even better with more power in upper rpms. Very, very pleased with the modifications and the SuperTuner with its’ easy ability to adjust according to mods. I also have the Secondary Throttle Rod out too. I run a Healtech STVE module without an engine code light.

Dale has over 420 dyno runs on the Bandit 1250 developing his tune. He is the Bandit Guru with lots of good information from his extensive experience. A REFLASH tune will help power if you are NOT removing the secondary throttle blades but I believe from my experience that the secondary throttle blades affect POWER AND RESPONSE. The servo is slow hindering throttle response. Removing the secondary throttle blades is a must for better throttle response that is more predictable. Reflashing the ECM and adjusting the secondary throttle blades above 6800 rpms where stock they begin to close will help with power but they are still connected to a slow servo motor and not your wrist.

Back