• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Wanted Austin area wrap service.

Reaction score
First Name
Ron
I have two parts on my Ducati Multistrata that I want wrapped. The car places just seem to want a ton to work on a motorcycle. I got quoted $300 if I removed the parts.

Well snarky I guess I am going to give the DIY vinyl a chance. I’m going to order a kit and try it. If you want to meet up and do your parts too then great. I’m going to try it over the Thanksgiving week break.

well after watching this video on the wet method of installing Vinyl wrap. I am going to give it a try. I'll video it next week and you can see how well it works.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOC34zGbMXo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOC34zGbMXo[/ame]

I imagine this is akin to applying window tint. Fiddly but certainly doable.

Let us now how it goes!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Will after a few tries I have given up. There are two many curves and every time I pull it up to get one bubble out it pull's up another area. I think the spray soap stuff is not helping but just two big of an area on the Tank. It is off to the paint shop.

oh man, sorry to hear that

I am needing to do some wrapping but know it will be a frustrating process so I am delaying lol

Will after a few tries I have given up. There are two many curves and every time I pull it up to get one bubble out it pull's up another area. I think the spray soap stuff is not helping but just two big of an area on the Tank. It is off to the paint shop.
Even with the heat gun? I don't know , never tried the stuff.

I wrapped my motorcycle, maybe I can give you a hand. I must say that because the parts are off the bike, that doesnt mean it is easier to wrap. It could actually be worst. can you put a photo of the parts?

Last edited:
Interested to hear how this goes. I have a CB350F tank that I need either painted or wrapped, and I'd be lying if I said if wrapping doesn't seem attractive.

IMG_6145.jpg
here is the side of the bike I wrapped in carbon fiber Matte and it looks great. A nice visual change to my boring bike!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back