• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

GSL Ranch. check this place out.

Yes, how was it? i been wanting to go and just haven't found the time to get over there yet. Are those trails getting burned in, is the adult MX track still in good riding condition, is Sam getting enough business to keep him in the game?
Really hoping to get out that way soon. Hey fluffy Bill, enjoyed riding at Hidden Falls with you last month. Lets go tear it up at the GSL Ranch one day soon.

Yes, how was it? i been wanting to go and just haven't found the time to get over there yet. Are those trails getting burned in, is the adult MX track still in good riding condition, is Sam getting enough business to keep him in the game?
Really hoping to get out that way soon. Hey fluffy Bill, enjoyed riding at Hidden Falls with you last month. Lets go tear it up at the GSL Ranch one day soon.

Come on down we will ride zars one and gsl the next?

Sounds fun to me. I am out of pocket for the next week or so, then I will be ready for an outing. Will give you a shout soon.

ok we went sat 19 th is a neat property someone is marking trail with ribbion lots of land out there . needs more riders to burn in the trails but we had a great time and had the place too our selfs creek beds woods open pasture did 47 miles total i will go back for sure .fyi when you go there the adress is hard to find mail box on rt side of road 517 stop look left one orange ribbin on the tree go down that drive way .see ya tony d ps for 10 dollars you cant go wrong.:rider:

post up if some of yall go i my try to go again soon drop wife at the daughters house in atx grab son inlaw go ride LOL my kind ef road trip

post up if some of yall go i my try to go again soon drop wife at the daughters house in atx grab son inlaw go ride LOL my kind of road trip

Donny that Kool I have the 08 at wildcat motors getting a 6speep and head work and the other now we'll that TS so I will be ready 2/3 weeks . And TDtrans you should come on and ride zars with us.

where is zars I see you ride a 300 me too 09 xc luv it also have 2010 crf 250 . i claim to be a too stroke guy but man that little thumper is so fun to play on. hey guys my typing skills SUCK lol

south east San Antonio

A vid and btw that's a girl on the YZ450F

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUPmQ0WJzRI"]Nate At Zars Ranch! - YouTube[/ame]

That timing should work out about right, as I expect to spend a fair amount of August in San Antonio. Thanx for the report TDtrans. Sounds like a fun spot to ride, can't wait to check it out. I hope enough of us can get out there and make use of the place, before the owner decides it isn't worth the effort to keep it open. Looking forward to riding with you both.:rider:

I just found this place on Planet Rider....and its right around the corner from the hood....yee haaw....after calling and talking to the owner Sam I am headed out there today on the DR650 to check it out...and maybe tomorrow for some ATV riding with the family....or maybe bring out the KX500...

That timing should work out about right, as I expect to spend a fair amount of August in San Antonio. Thanx for the report TDtrans. Sounds like a fun spot to ride, can't wait to check it out. I hope enough of us can get out there and make use of the place, before the owner decides it isn't worth the effort to keep it open. Looking forward to riding with you both.:rider:

I agree on this statement.

I was in SA this weekend hanging out for a Judo tourney. I posted up in TON about SA riding and all I got was Zars. Its nice to see this option come up. I live in Austin and we take "the back way" quite often, so this would be en route.

Keep this thread alive.

Later,
CJB

I took my 13yo soon and his friends to GSL Ranch today, and we had a blast. It definitely is strong on the trails side vs track, but the "junior" track is good and they had a lot of fun.

I spent a lot of time on the trails which vary from gravel to rock, river bed, and grassy. Good turns and open runs, and plenty of space to roam. In the afternoon, the cows were let out so we had a little extra company.

Sam is a genuinely great guy and just wants people to enjoy the outdoors. So cool, nearby, and affordable! There are some interesting things to see, including a working windmill and a couple of old trucks parked, including a Studebaker.

While you can primitive camp for free, there are stories of wild hogs sightings so be prepared. We did not need to camp.

Added a few photos from today to show a little flavor of some of the trails.

Many trails wind through trees:
2aa01bc11abe46bed747712aaf611506.jpg

This trail runs into the dry river bed:
IMG_20141004_125308_zps04947fd1.jpg

My TTR225 did great on some of the rocky river bed, but it was a punishment:
IMG_20141004_125328_zps057ed923.jpg

The cows are pretty used to bike noise.
IMG_20141004_143003_zps316e1cbb.jpg

i will be in austin the weekend of the 18th any one wanna hit up the gsl ranch or the torcs race

I was going too go the 18 th but slight change in plans .going too my daughters house in austin but wont get there till late sat afternoon.so no time to ride sorry maybe next time .by the way donny great job in TORN races.i raced torn for many years off and on good people out there . just been to busy this year for racing .later tony d:rider:

I was going too go the 18 th but slight change in plans .going too my daughters house in austin but wont get there till late sat afternoon.so no time to ride sorry maybe next time .by the way donny great job in TORN races.i raced torn for many years off and on good people out there . just been to busy this year for racing .later tony d:rider:

Hey Thanks Tony,
I have been real fortunate so far not to miss any races, or have my bike refuse to make the finish line. That last race gave me an extra adrenaline jolt when my bike stalled out moments before the starting flag dropped. Of course it wouldn't restart for what seemed like forever, but was probably only 15-20 seconds. So I gave the field a two turns head start just to challenge myself. :trust: Two more to go...and fingers crossed for no more antics from the bike. Would love to take 1st overall for the series, as it is the one and only series I have ever done, and likely won't be able to make the whole round next year. I am just leaving for NW Austin now, would like to ride this afternoon, Unless someone posts up that they are riding at GL later this afternoon, I will probably go hit Hidden Halls to ride and camp overnight, then ride again tomorrow morning. :rider:

I think I am going to check this out today. Never been but I am always looking for new places to ride.

So how is, or was it Hawkman? Are you staying over night? I am at Hidden Falls now, but haven't paid to camp yet. There is a gazillion Jeeps here for a weekend event, and no one I know riding bikes on the trails. I think I am going to call Sam and see about me showing up tonight after dark to camp out there where it will feel like I am in the middle of the wilderness, instead of stuck in an all night moon howling session. You wanna ride early in the morning? Anyone else feel like joining in? I'll be in the silver four door Tundra with a Husky chained up in the bed. I'll have to leave around 1:30pm Sunday.

I did not make it. Went to load my crf250x and started it first. It will idle but will not rev. Decided to take it apart instead. Took me all day. Put it back together and the throttle cable is not working correctly. I may show in the morning with my drz400. A little heavy but better than nothing.

Come on out! I'm on a 450 four stroke as well. We can ride which ever trails or track that feels comfortable. I just talked to Sam and verified that I can camp there tonight, then ride all morning until just past mid day or so.

Back