• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Semi-permanent SHNF thread

Went Sunday myself and friend went Monday, trails were in perfect shape with the sand packed down fantastic. Sunday weather stayed great all morning, and no dust at all. We rode the balloon loop and string, not many puddles there, but still has lots of fallen trees.
We're headed out there again Thursday morning (east side trailhead) and Saturday morning (west side trailhead) this week and hope the trails are still as ridable as they were last weekend. Will see either way.

gasgasman, Charlie and I are meeting at the west side trail head at 8:15 and doing the 10 mile short loop from there. I'm in an orange dodge truck if you want to ride with someone.

Larry

update===6 signed up now.

Y'all have fun, be safe, and keep the trails warm. Looks like it'll be three months before I get to ride again...

Dad gum, hope your not hurt. Like the chili man says; Son, that's too long!

Unfortunately, that's the case. I dumped the big-bike last weekend and tore my bicep tendon lifting it back up. Surgery today and a three month prognosis before it's back to normal...

DSC02910.JPG

DSC02915.JPG

Sorry to hear that Roger, I was wondering today what the outcome was. Stay in touch.

I hope you have a permit I carry those guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gasgasman, Charlie and I are meeting at the west side trail head at 8:15 and doing the 10 mile short loop from there. I'm in an orange dodge truck if you want to ride with someone.

Larry

update===6 signed up now.

10-4
It's been WAY too long since we've rode together.:rider:

GGman is always positive! Sorry to hear that Roger, do what the DR man says. That type of injury does take a long time to heal and you really don't want to damage it during the process. This is a time to be smart, not bold. Trust me. Boo on big bikes, I've sworn off mine.

Been a while since I've ridden on at SHNF. Going to pick up my OHV sticker today and plan on riding out there next weekend - not sure yet if it will be Sat or Sun.

Y'all have fun, be safe, and keep the trails warm. Looks like it'll be three months before I get to ride again...

Sorry to hear that. Get well soon. The weather should be cooling down nicely by then and I'll be ready to get back to riding as well.

Sorry to hear that Roger, I was wondering today what the outcome was. Stay in touch.

Heal up quick.
Weather will be cool for your return ride.

Sorry to hear that Roger, do what the DR man says. That type of injury does take a long time to heal and you really don't want to damage it during the process. This is a time to be smart, not bold. Trust me. Boo on big bikes, I've sworn off mine.

Sorry to hear that. Get well soon. The weather should be cooling down nicely by then and I'll be ready to get back to riding as well.

Thanks for the well wishes!

We rode the SHNF west side on Saturday. Little dried sand to deal with but normal for this time of year. One crash when Donnie was following me down the Honeymoon trails and we came up on a new fallen tree way too fast, I slid off trail and Donnie nailed it sideways. He came out with some scraps and bruises, but ok overall.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQ5Q-7bcnqA&list=UUlTmXiw678ka2nocoN1ybcA"]ODODB SHNF Donnie crashes hard west side 7/26/14 - YouTube[/ame]

South of Kelley's pond road from FS 208 paved road

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPvVX2KzdFM&list=UUlTmXiw678ka2nocoN1ybcA"]South of Kelley's pond road from FS 208 SHNF - YouTube[/ame]

SHNF west side ride 7/31/14

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClwYRmyuzTU&list=UUlTmXiw678ka2nocoN1ybcA"]ODODB SHNF west side ride 7/31/14 - YouTube[/ame]

Nice video. Looks like that trail is all cleaned up. Too bad they won't be open for a while now.

Back