• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: Tuesday Breakfast

Good to see everyone for breakfast. Rob floated an idea that may be after one of our breakfasts that we go to the go cart track in Webster. The facility opens at noon. I wouldn't mind something like this as an afternoon activity. What does everyone think?

LOL, great idea... except I won't be making the next 3 Tuesdays! :doh:

Good to see everyone for breakfast. Rob floated an idea that may be after one of our breakfasts that we go to the go cart track in Webster. The facility opens at noon. I wouldn't mind something like this as an afternoon activity. What does everyone think?

I can do that.

How's Lankford Grocery sound for breakfast in the morning at 9:00 am?

So, tomorrow...?? Anyone ever try Angie's on Dacoma?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

So, tomorrow...?? Anyone ever try Angie's on Dacoma?

I haven't been there. I was not in town this morning. I was flying back from Boulder, CO where I had been visiting my new granddaughter.

I haven't been there. I was not in town this morning. I was flying back from Boulder, CO where I had been visiting my new granddaughter.
Congratulations on the new granddaughter!

I know it's early, but was hoping we could do Dot's Tuesday at 9:00a? If we can't that's ok. I'll be in the Suburban with Laura. Laura and I have to be in La Marque around noon.

Right now I can say I'll be there. But, this is so early that I may forget. :eat:

Yes, on I 45 southbound feeder near I45 and 610. Heading north on 45 take Woogridge exit then U turn back south.

I don't see what you're concerned about; he'd fit right in over on Telephone Road. :lol2:
Can't make it; but will try for next Tuesday.

How about City Café in the morning, 513 College Ave, South Houston, TX 77587 at 9:00 a.m.? :eat:

Sorry to thread steal, but I need y'all's opinions for a second. Since I know a few of you, I'd rather post it on here vs the general forum.

Looking at two potential bikes. A 2001 honda xr650r and a 2001 suzuki drz400e. Both supposedly legal and ready to ride. XR is $4000 and and the DRZ is $2500. Probably gonna check out the XR first. If I like it, should I worry about checking out the drz? The DRZ is cheaper. But the XR looks more appealing.

Two great bike models: both been around for a long time, basically unchanged. Large aftermarket support, parts are easy to find and both have reputations for great reliability with very little maintenance. I'm assuming the XR650 L model? Which version of the DRZ? What kind of riding are you planning on doing?

LOL, never mind; this is what happens when you ask a old, blind guy to read small text on a phone! Ride them both. DRZ will have electric start (and kick), XRR will be kick start only. Don't be scared of that though, if you don't mind kicking; mine starts in 1 or 2 kicks when properly tuned.

I'm a Honda guy so I'm a little biased. The XR is kick start only which is probably the biggest negative issue for it. Check out the duel sport kit (lights, horn, and controls) to make sure it's done properly. Make sure the brake light works with both the lever and foot brake. Make sure you have both a high and low beam on the headlight. Ask when the top end was last refreshed and how many hours are on it since it was done. $4k is top dollar for a 15 year old bike even if they weren't changed much until they stopped making them in 2007. Also ask if it has the HRC intake (stock one is restricted) and if it has the stock exhaust ask if it has the HRC tip. You can tell by looking at the tip on the stock exhaust; if it has the "National Forest Service Approved" stamped on it, it's the stock tip.
I don't know the DRZ so hopefully someone else can speak for it.

Back