• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

South of DFW Run - April 22, 2017 - UPDATED GPX AND MAP

Well we will miss you both.

After talking with Hoss, it seems we have some good spots picked out.

So I get my tires put on tomorrow....FINALLY!!

I WILL BE READY....

Then getting married on Sunday...so it's a big weekend for me.

Does that mean its your last ride?!! [emoji23]
Jk!
Congrats on the wedding! [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NICE! [emoji1360]
Wish mine would want to ride. Maybe one day.

Thanks Dody!

Looks like a rain possibility in some areas tonight. Temps should be nice for sure.

Some pics of 3137
approach...
1BA54F91-5FD3-4FFB-9A08-9B0AB7C61894_zpsq39lvobk.jpg

BAEF9423-0562-4F51-B8A7-4DCBC1ABCA7B_zpsxyyvfcx5.jpg

6E109C4C-7AA0-4C03-9565-9A46DFB3E3FD_zpsxadaxlrh.jpg

18FC605B-359D-4D08-B85B-D8DC95BA173C_zpscoqru6uc.jpg

Start of the up hill section....pretty solid until the very top...
DB5EA744-36D1-4568-89B0-1A1C0EB7EF54_zpsv3rwdlrz.jpg

It looks like whilst Chris is getting married on Sunday, I will be cleaning a pair of very muddy dirt bikes!! :) See you all tomorrow morning!! :)

Gary

Looks like they're calling for thunderstorms tonight.

Ok, I went down FM219 to CR4240 turned onto CR4250 yesterday evening on my KTM 950 SE. The low water crossing at the start of CR4250 is slicker than grease.......all of it. The low water crossing on CR224 is up a little. It was over my foot pegs by several inches. Still very passable, water is running slow and the water temp was cold and clear. Refreshing after the ride to it. I think you guys and gals are going to have a great ride tomorrow. Post up pictures Monday for all of us that can't make this one can see how everyone did.

Pictures and such will be posted in the "after the ride"section... but I will be taking photos for sure!

Im charging the gopro now. [emoji1598]

Wow that's a momentous time for you Doherty ! Congrats brotha and many blessings to you and your wife to be ...

So is there a head count yet?? Do we know who all is going for certain? I'm still debating because I"m really not sure my tires will hold up... that and it seems a lil treaters for my first ride ... i think i may hold out for a more scenic type ride opposed to a more off road type ride.

So is there a head count yet?? Do we know who all is going for certain? I'm still debating because I"m really not sure my tires will hold up... that and it seems a lil treaters for my first ride ... i think i may hold out for a more scenic type ride opposed to a more off road type ride.

Im def in. You will be good on most everything but the muddy sections. Even then, with care and momentum you should be fine. But i totally understand on the comfort level thing. Im not that far ahead of you. You do what you feel safe doing because its not worth getting yourself hurt over.
But a good way to find out whay your tires can and cant do, is to get them bad boys out there! Lol! [emoji41]

Back