• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

'69 Rokon

Reaction score
Talk about a novelty!:trust: When I was a kid my dad took us to anything and everything that came to the Astrodome, boat shows, gun shows, car shows, thrill shows...etc. I remember seeing these things on display right next to those 6 wheeled amphibious vehicles.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the 1969 2 Stroke Rokon Trail Breaker 2x2!!:clap::clap::clap:

CIMG41421024x768.jpg

:lol2::dude::chug::bow::sun::rider:

Here's the deal, a friend of my cousin brought it over with a broken throttle cable. I rigged up a bicycle cable and cable clamp but the engine wouldn't start.

Cable clamp and exhaust leak(burns the **** out of your leg).:eek2: :lol2:

CIMG41451024x768.jpg

He said he'd recently cleaned the rust out of the tank so......
Sure enough. Carb was packed with rust.

CIMG41571024x768.jpg

This is the most hair brained carb I've ever pulled apart. It's not gravity fed so it works on syphons, diaphragms, baffles and such. Like a small lawnmower carb.

CIMG41511024x768.jpg

Bottom. Notice that the fuel line attaches at the bottom.

CIMG41521024x768.jpg

Insane!!:rofl:

CIMG41551024x768.jpg

Needless to say, fuel filter..

CIMG4232_800x600.jpg

Reassembled and after a few adjustments it runs great. Here's the front wheel drive..

CIMG41461024x768.jpg

Next to the TW..

CIMG41681024x768.jpg

It has 3 gears, ridiculously low 1st gear is so slow you can barely keep your balance, 3rd gear wide open is maybe 25mph!!:rider: No joke!!:lol2:

CIMG41411024x768.jpg

Rman- how about that rz in the background????? for sale???

All position carb , will run upside down sideways or how ever you want to ride it . When you get good enough to ride it in all position I want to watch . I had a friend that had one years ago . Havent seen him in a few years so I dont know if he still has it . Probly does along with most other bikes that he has had since the seventys . SEYA

Saw one of these on that TV show called "Pawn Stars." All restored and cleaned up, it was worth a LOT of money. Apparently there's a big demand for them in areas with open wilderness riding possibilities.

And here's a shot I took of a friends '09 (I think) ROKON at the Temple Air Show this year. Not much has changed in 30 years. Your 'old school' one is way-cool! :clap:

856155732_k9sdP-L.jpg

Cool bike. My friend's son rode that Rokon up a cactus out in Arizona. He bumped the front tire on the cactus then gunned it until the bike was near vertical, then coasted back down. I will see if I can get pictures.

Well, what the ****, you can get a ticket for doing just about anything fun. Think about the stuff you used to do years ago that are now illegal.

What the heck! That's what your were wanting to say, Right?:-P
Yep, :angel:Unfortunately correct. :mrgreen:
It's hard to teach our kids good judgement, :scott:when we ourselves were flip, flying, jumping, speedin, crashin and burnin everything with wheels... with NO Safety Gear!... or maybe that was just me. Sorry ya'll... just sayin'

Well, what the ****, you can get a ticket for doing just about anything fun. Think about the stuff you used to do years ago that are now illegal.

A buddy back home had one of these we'd take out in the woods to haul our tents and stuff. Great little vehicle.

The one time I messed around on it I promptly rode it into the side of a friend's truck when I lost balance after riding it over a large stump. His fault, he was parked in the yard to show off his new wheels, and wasn't there the last time I'd made the loop around the house. Came back around the corner, hit the stump right as I noticed there was something big that wasn't there before...target fixation.

Rokon won, side of bed lost.

A few more pics. After several weeks of conflicting schedules the owner 'J' came by yesterday to pick it up.

Suicide shifter and centrifugal clutch/belt primary drive..

P8140028.jpg

Hunter taking it for a leisurely cruise..:cool2:

P8140006.jpg

Revolutionary disk brake at 1969 standards..:lol2::shrug:

P8140011.jpg

J brought his TW over to ride my place. My cousin Hunter on 'his' (the Rokon owner's) TW and J (the Rokon owner) on mine. Uh.... Does that make sense?:scratch:

P8140018.jpg

It was fun to have two TWs. After riding mine he was like:eek: :dude::trust:.
A testament to basic re-jetting and uncorking.;-)

Nephew John after ringin' it out...

P8140015.jpg

J indicated to me that he might be willing to part with it. It has my endorsement as a clean running (with a slight exhaust leak:mrgreen:) '69 Rokon. It works! If anyone's interested, contact me or Hunter on this forum.

J and Yours Truly...:chug::flip:

P8140024.jpg

Back