• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

fire n ice

Ahhh...you were looking in the Texas Dualsport riding section...Did not post it here...though it would be appropriate:ponder:

The name of the ghosts camp-out that is happening today and Saturday in Gatesville.

I did not make it to the Fire and Ice camp out but the attempt was a mostly good experience.

I was riding in from San Antonio on Friday and I got a flat tire around Spicewood Tx, I was able to temporarily fix it and ride into Marble Falls, That's where I decided to lube my chain when I noticed a worn out roller.
At this point I was not sure if I wanted to continue with the trip, So I decided to sleep on it and make a decision over night, I setup my tents at Camp Creek (10miles east of Marble Falls), There was enough wood in the area for a bonfire that helped withstand the cold night.
Saturday morning I woke up to freezing temperatures (ice on my tents, motorcycle, trees and grass). I took a short jog around the park to warm up while my coffee also warmed up, But nothing compared to the warmth of the Sun rise, I have never loved the Sun so much in my life!
I thought about the few troubles I went through in the first quarter of my trip (Laid down the fully loaded KLR on soft sand, Flat tire, Worn out chain roller, Jammed thumb and a freezing cold night).
By noon I made the decision to go back home sweet home where I will attack the fridge and then hibernate on my bed.

I may have missed out on the Fire N Ice camp but at least I can enjoy it over the internet (if someone post their experience it would be great)

I am currently at home planning my next trip, ordering a new chain, sprockets and inner tubes.

Maybe even a ride into town to The Feed Mill for chicken fried steak.:eat3:

Thanks for the info KP and Clet, obviously I didn't make it. Did get to ride some dirt trails though. When I talked to SOG I decided I'd let the shot I just got for Cedar Fever take a hold. And not chance a relapse sleeping inder the Juniper trees. Hope you all have a safe ride home when you disperse.

I did not make it to the Fire and Ice camp out but the attempt was a mostly good experience.

I was riding in from San Antonio on Friday and I got a flat tire around Spicewood Tx, I was able to temporarily fix it and ride into Marble Falls, That's where I decided to lube my chain when I noticed a worn out roller.
At this point I was not sure if I wanted to continue with the trip, So I decided to sleep on it and make a decision over night, I setup my tents at Camp Creek (10miles east of Marble Falls), There was enough wood in the area for a bonfire that helped withstand the cold night.
Saturday morning I woke up to freezing temperatures (ice on my tents, motorcycle, trees and grass). I took a short jog around the park to warm up while my coffee also warmed up, But nothing compared to the warmth of the Sun rise, I have never loved the Sun so much in my life!
I thought about the few troubles I went through in the first quarter of my trip (Laid down the fully loaded KLR on soft sand, Flat tire, Worn out chain roller, Jammed thumb and a freezing cold night).
By noon I made the decision to go back home sweet home where I will attack the fridge and then hibernate on my bed.

I may have missed out on the Fire N Ice camp but at least I can enjoy it over the internet (if someone post their experience it would be great)

I am currently at home planning my next trip, ordering a new chain, sprockets and inner tubes.

I think Rusty said "Sometimes great adventure doesn't seem so grand while it's happening." :trust:

Back