• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Challenge training ride, Austin, Sun Feb 9th

Thanks so much Richard for organizing a Super ride…Looking forward to riding with this group again.

Here's the track we took from the meet spot.

I did 312 miles on the day on my CRF450X- 17 to meet JT and load onto the truck, 280 from Trail Boss's house and back, and 17 to get back home. I slept well!

312!:eek2: No wonder I've got the "Monkey Butt Blues" today...:moon:

JMZ, Between the stops we took, 143 miles. I have a 140 mile range, so I had to 'borrow' a liter from Bikejones 3 miles from the gas station. My6 ran out 200ft from the station. JT was laying the bike over as well. There was a gas stop in Round Mountain (both out and back on this route) that we could see from the track (1/4 mile off track) 23.5 miles from the start. I know better to drive past a gas station, but we did.

My6, I'm better than you. I did 32 more miles than you! How's the tail feel now!

Last edited:
I can`t wait to come ride that way but it looks like it will have to be after UATB. I am set up to carry an extra 1.5 gal plus my 4.3 on my XR so that MIGHT get me 140 :giveup:

What a difference a day makes. Lol

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Back