• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hill Country Ride - Saturday, Jan 16

Off and on sprinkling here in KV, folks. "heavy sprinkle" occurring as i type. Radar shows minimal pop ups in the area. I'll continue to get ready. Final decision at go time. Not interested in riding in wet, cold, windy. :-(

Yesterday was so perfect....

Off and on sprinkling here in KV, folks. "heavy sprinkle" occurring as i type. Radar shows minimal pop ups in the area. I'll continue to get ready. Final decision at go time. Not interested in riding in wet, cold, windy. :-(

Yesterday was so perfect....

I agree - not interested in riding in wet, cold, and windy. However, it is going to warm up nicely, the chance is rain is fairly small, and the wind is not going to be a factor until the end of the ride (around 4pm). So

Put your doubts aside
And let's ride

(see what I did there?)

Home by 4. I peeled off from the group a little early and beat feet for home.

THANKS RICH for organizing and leading and most of all for babysitting this noob.

Thanks to everyone for their patience and help. Helping to pick up the Wee Pig and the various parts and pieces she shed along the way.

It was fun. It was tiring. It was a learning experience. Sigh...is this dog too old for new tricks? :shrug:

Both our Stroms thought it would be fun to shed some turn signals... Minus the wind at the end, that was pretty **** fun.
Richard, I sent you an email for the gpx file, if you don't mind shooting it over

Thanks Richard for the Ride. Enjoyed my group of Guys, Great fun.

Yes, sand. Yes, slime. Yes, water with deep loose sand. And yes to whatever I am forgetting at the moment. :giveup:

Oh, right, forgot WIND. On my way home I pulled into an empty parking lot to dig out sunglasses. Strong gusts hitting the left side made it difficult to keep on an even keel. Even with both feet flat on the ground. The wind was so strong that my gloves were almost dislodged from where i had jammed them down in the instrument panel.

Ah ha, thinks I, put the kickstand down, that'll help. The instant i lifted my left foot off the ground a strong gust hit on the RIGHT side and down we went. Just like that. I couldn't believe it.

Why is it that when i go to right the wee, she goes up a certain degree and then starts sliding across the ground. Try as I might to lift upward...

It's embarrassing to admit that i have only been able to lift this bike once without assistance.

After lifting and sliding three times, I gave up and sat on the side of the wee (a surprisingly comfortable perch. lol) and pondered my choices. Immediately, some high school kids in a pickup stopped and helped me out. Or up, as the case may be. Thanks, boys. :clap:

Thanks again, Trail Boss. Hope it doesn't sound like i am complaining. It was a very fun day. Glad I could tag along; y'all were all very patient.

Richard ,thanks for giving us all a reason to get out and enjoy an awesome day,enjoyed meeting everyone.
Also when we got back to the truck the wind was blowing so hard it blew my bike over. :eek2: :doh:

BigA, OUCH!

Trice, great suggestion. sadly, no tub, no cabernet, not even any jazz! Instead i reorganized my shed :doh: (On the theory that if ya keep moving = less sore muscles the next day.)

few of us are meeting up sunday Kents PS..15664 North Interstate 35, Selma, TX 78154 .;
11am, 1130 AM KSA.

Ill be on a Bmw GSA 1150.

Riders,

Thanks to all for coming out yesterday.

At first it appeared the weather wasn't going to cooperate, with grey clouds and a few sprinkles. But things worked out okay - no rain, the sun showed up about 11 am, and the wind didn't hit until we were on our way home.

Of course, I brought my camera with me and got a few shots. You can see all the photos here.

My Terra hasn't been out of the garage since Thanksgiving and was anxious to ride. :)

TR650%20Terra-L.jpg

With all the rains we've had the past few months, it was no surprise to find water in Sandy Creek.
20160116-_1130523-L.jpg

The reason they call it Sandy Creek is because it is so darn sandy.
20160116-_1130527-L.jpg

20160116-_1130544-L.jpg

20160116-_1130530-L.jpg

20160116-_1130529-L.jpg

I spotted this on the front door of the Castell General Store. It reminds me when W was President and his opponents put out the same sticker (Somewhere a village is missing its idiot). I guess the opponents of Obama think turn around is fair play.
20160116-_1130560-L.jpg

Last edited:
Can I get the gpx for this. My parents live a couple miles up 962.

Aklein318@gmail

Last edited:
Back