• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Detailed maps for CDR

Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Waugh
Guys & Gals,

we will ride the CDR (Continental Divide Route) this summer from Canada to Mexico. I have been offered some GPS routes for my Garmin GPS, but I would like to get some detailed paper maps to allow me to plan for bypasses and to locate nearby towns, gas, etc.. In England there are a series of maps called Ordnance Survey maps which are large scale and cover remote areas, is there an equivalent here in the USA? If Not can anyone recommend some detailed maps that we could carry with us for infrequent use? We will leave late July and have 3 weeks to get as far south as we can!!

Any suggestions/ideas would be very welcome. We rode the TAT 2 years ago and I am really looking forward to this..

Gary

Yes and the best part about it is that you can download them to most smart phones or tablets using a $10 app. For last year's LAB2V with SilverBullet I dumped all of Southern California and Southern Arizona onto an old Samsung tablet and my phone just in case.

Back