• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

1200 Bandit Carb settings?

Reaction score
I'm working on reviving a 2000 Bandit 1200 that's been sitting dormant in a garage for almost ten years. I have the Haynes manual for it, but I think there's an error in it.

It lists the carbs as having a TPS on the outside of the #4 carb, and looking at mine, there is no TPS, nor is there a place to mount one, and I don't see a cable anywhere around to attach to one anyway(?).

So I'm a little suspect of the specifics of this manual. I'm guessing the manual is based on the UK models, though it does list some separate specs for US bikes

Next it says the mixture screw should be 3 turns out, which I set them to in an effort to return it to stock tune. The screws were 3/4 to 1.5 turns when I found them.

The needles and jets appear to be stock, except for having been shimmed WAY up.

So my question is, does anyone know the stock carb settings for these bikes? It's having a heck of a time starting with the settings from this book.

Thanks Guys!!!

TPS is on the Gen 2 bikes. I have no experience with Gen 1 carbs so I can't help you out much. You might check over a Maximum Suzuki. Tons of knowledgeable guys there when it comes to Bandits.

Back