• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

anyone try this throttle lock? ATLAS?

• Thread starter Deleted member 23845
  • Start date
All,

I am still looking for a throttle lock for my Guzzi and or MV Agusta. This one popped up, and the design looks decent. I do not like the cramp buster or most other styles that require a lot of quick dexterity to operate. The ATLAS appears to be thumb button controlled, and can be rolled off throttle in an emergency easily.

Anyone have one? Comments?

https://www.atlasthrottlelock.com/products/mv-agusta-motorcycles-atlas-throttle-lock

cheers,

I got it. Expensive,and works as advertised. The friction pad wears and then slack down out of place over time. Should be replaced (pad) periodically but i havent doneit. I use it for a temporarily respite on the hammer but like all mechanical throttle locks , they work so,so. Push button is the reason I bought it ..for simplicity

Looks like they upgraded it from my model

Last edited:
I have the latest model. Works very well and easy install. Well made. I tried a Kaoko first and didn't like much of anything about it.

Have you tried a large "O" Ring that can be positioned between the Bare Weight and Grip?

I use this if I'm going to be riding over 500 miles or so in a day or two.

Cheap, can find them at any Parts House for under $1.50 and they last.

To turn off, just roll the throttle back.

Last edited:
Mike, I found that on amazon for 18.99. thanks for the info.

I thought the design concept was great. But the execution is lacking. Not enough structure in the assembly to hold the device parallel to the throttle housing. Tends to vibrate off of set point. I installed on 2016 GSX-S1000F. Might work better elsewhere. YMMV

Have one on the FJR works as well as any mechanical throttle lock none are really that great but the Atlas is better than most I have tried over the years

This looks good, brake activated

Yep. I was looking into picking up a vstrom in the next year or so and the one thing they were lacking is the cruise control. This is one of the few mechanical cruise controls that doesn’t rely on a friction ring or friction of some sort to set a speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. I was looking into picking up a vstrom in the next year or so and the one thing they were lacking is the cruise control. This is one of the few mechanical cruise controls that doesn’t rely on a friction ring or friction of some sort to set a speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I got the atlas which works but not worth the price. If I'd known this was out there I think I might have chosen this.

Back